What the brightest head lamp out there?

WARBIRD

Here in pa i found out you can't use a light that mounts to your gun, if i hunt alone i can't shoot and hold a flash light, so i will have to get a head light. My question is who makes the brightest head light out there, i wana be able to shoot out to 100 yards at night with my rifle?

Hows it going. Up here in elk county I use a Light from cabelas. It is a coon hunter series and it goes right on the had with a battery pack that goes on your belt. It also has adjustable light intensity. When i am hunting here or in a field i don't turn it all the way up though . I have had fox come in and feel the light on their eyes and take off. I use the rule of thumb that if i cna look into the light with the red lense on than that is all the power i need. With it turned down you may only be able to see 50yards infront of you but you can see the eyes 150 yards. hope this helps

Thanks for the help slayer, the variable brightness thing would help cause if i want to hunt the fields i can, and tune it down to hunt the woods with the shot gun.

Although the lights sold by Cabelas are bright, they are nothing compared to what is being used by competition coon hunters.

I have a 21v battery light made by CAJUN that weighs a little more then 3 lbs, you can run the light on either the high or low side of the bulb, basically cutting the brightness in half. You can dial them from spot to flood.

I've had mine for over 6 years and never a problem.

Check out this site, they have a good selection....and you can't beat their customer service. WWW.WICKOUTDOOR.COM

[This message has been edited by TimberDawg (edited 02-08-2002).]

Back