Solo nighthunting

Remshot

I've read a lot of posts regarding nighthunting here and thought I'd ask what is the best way to set up for hunting solo.Kalifornia doesn't allow permanently attached lights on rifles.I thought about a mag light holder on the stock,the kind a flashlight clips on to may work .Another thing,the wife gave me a rechargeable 2,000,000 cp light that will run from a cigarette plug in,would a H1 halogen at 55 watts give more battery life than the H3
100 watt bulb? I used amber lens repair tape on the lens.Thanks for great board.

Hey Remshot, welcome aboard. I am new to night hunting and also hunt alone. I use rechargeable spot lights. I stick the handle in a piece of plastic pipe and rotate it in 360 degrees tha whole time I call. I also have a Nightblaster brand clip on spot light. The one thing I have learned from the guys on this board is buy a can of red Dykem. Spray this on your lights and bye bye red tape and plastic wraps. I am not a pro at this night hunting but have learned most of the good tricks of the trade by reading the posts on this site. These guys know their stuff.

------------------
SAVE a deer, SHOOT a coyote

I use 4 inch diam. plastic pipe. The other thing I will do if I am hunting where the highway is only a few hundred yards behind me is to shine just the 180 degrees in front with my gun and scope light on my lap ready to go.

------------------
SAVE a deer, SHOOT a coyote

Back