Nite Lite flicker switch

John Zingg

On a previous post, "I need a good light", someone said that a flicker switch could be bought from Nite Lite, see page 113. I went there and called Nite Lite and they said they only worked on thier batteries. Since then, I have been trying to find someone that had used one of their switches and could tell me how they hook up to a light that plugs into the cig. lighter. Can anyone help me with this?

------------------
John Zingg
j.zingg@verizon.net

Hello
Once again, I think this is something I can probably design. [Electronics tech] Could probably build it more ruggedly anyway. I am just not sure on what it is supposed to do.
I assume it makes the light change intensities automatically. How rapidly? Randomly? User defined? What?

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy

Tackdriver, I have never used one but have read a lot about them. They are supposed to turn the light on and off rapidly like a strobe light as I understand it. Nit Lite makes them and if you have a catalog they are on page 113. The problem is that they are for their lights only. I have read elsewhere that there may be a way to hook them up to a light that plugs into a lighter but Nite Lite says no. Again, my spot plugs into the lighter and just has the normal off and on switch on the light body. Seems like it needs to be between the lighter and the plug that goes into it but then again, I am not an expert on such things. Any help or suggestions you can give would be appreciated.

------------------
John Zingg
j.zingg@verizon.net

John in a post above a dimmer is mentioned that is used on the brinkman type spotlights. It is a Mack truck part and I will tell you right now that it isn't cheap but does what it is supposed to and that is adjust the intensity of the light..... it is 55.00 dollars and the part # is pollak # 52-263. From what I have gathered it is bulky and does need the room of the Brinkman type light to mount it inside the housing.......Good luck...James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

John.I have the Night lite with the flicker switch.I maybe very wrong,But I understand it is used to make a treed coon look at the light.Have never used it for calling.I may be missing out on something.Maybee someone can step in and tell us more.

Nite Lite's strobe is designed to make treed coon look, but.
I don't know but, have ya seen any of the cars with stobe lights in the headlights? I have a set on my truck and it has a box that controls the speed. I purchased mine at a local auto parts store. It cost me $12.00 I think this would work for what you're trying to accomplish because it runs off the vehicle battery and if ya can splice it into your spot you'll be set.

Hope this helps

Back