Perfect Light

whipstick223

I am giving some thought to designing to what I hope will be the perfect night hunting light. Could use some input.

Here are some preliminary requiremnts :

Lightweight
Compact
Packable
Long battery life
Telescopic light
Both flood and Spot beams
Red lens
Sufficient Brightness

Maybe somebody has already made one and it's a waste of time. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also looking for anyone with plastic molding experience. Can be designed as a 3D solid model or 2D drawings.

I'm looking for the same thing myself but some said about useing a spot light i just can't see how they shoot and hold the light too.

Yes I agree. I am by far no expert, but having tried night hunting a few times the light is a real pain. Also I think a good flood light would work alot better than the spots but it would be nice to have both. Kinda like a headlights high and low beams.

have you seen the scope light by optronics, I think it would be better if you could swivel it, rather than sweep your gun to scan the country side

Most of my hunting is done at night here in NY. The light that you're looking for is made by Nite Lite, it comes with a sealed gell battery, hard hat, the beam is fully adjustable from flood to spot, you can get it with strobe switch, it only weighs about 3or 4 pounds, it has a moldedbelt loop, they make all kids of acceseries like scope light, spot light, gun barell clip, you name it they have it.
I've coon hunted about 20 years and I don't think there's a better light on the market. Fully rechargeable, the scope light and spot plug into the charger port. The halogen head would be my sugst if you're gonna buy one. I've had mine for 7 years and I'll tell ya I use it for everything from fishin' to working on the car. I have not had any problems with mine at all.
The battery has a reostat so you can make the intensity extremely low or bright.

The thing I like for night pred hunting is I wear the hard hat with the light attached and plug the scope light in(has an on off switch) when I'm scannin' all I have to do is turn my head back and forth. When it's time to shoot turn the scope light on and that's it.

No I don't work for Nite Lite but I'll tell ya you won't be wastin' you hard earned money. They cost about $100.00 But well worth it.

www.HuntSmart.com or 1-800-648-5483

Hope this helps

I'm new at this nitehunting and don't have a buddy to hunt with.CA doesn't allow "permanently mounted"gunlites(whatever that means..no welding?).Does that latern on a ladder trick work o.k.?Would a beltpack gellcell with a light I could hold up to the stock be better?Something about 35 watts.I really like mobility when I'm in he field and don't want a lot of hassle.

Back