Randy Watson/ bobcats

rojo vapor

Randy
A certain Locohead sent me on a mission to find you. I had a question about bobcats on the how to section, but nobody seemed to know much. I recently found a spot where several cats are hanging out. I mostly hunt coyotes, but it seems stupid for me not to try to get the cats since I already know where there at. I havn't hunted at night before, but I think my dad has a million candlpower spotlight around the house somewhere. If going out at night is what it takes, thats fine with me. Do I really need to go at night? And should I call differently ie. quieter/ closer?

any info would help

PS anyone's input will be appreciated but Randy is supposed to be the MAAaaANNN!!!!

You can certainly call up these cats during the day. The night is easier in that the cat's eyes will give him away earlier than you can see him in the daytime. A cat's eyes will shine at well over 500 yds, and most cats get inside 100 yds before they are detected in the daytime. The cats will come very close at night and for some reason, let their guard down a bit. Be sure to use a red lens. They like more schrill sounds, like woodpeckers and lip squeaks will get them in really close.Quieten your call a bit when they get close. We had on inside 10 feet the other night, that's right 10 FEET. Some times they will hang up, and believe it or not, sometimes you can grab the shotgun and a red flashlight, and go after them. We've done it several times. There's several different tricks to get them going, they are really fun to outsmart. Hope this helps, feel free to ask more and I'll try to help. See ya'..Randy

------------------

http://predatormasters.com/varmint_masters.html

Originally posted by Randy Watson:
Welcome Steve, get used to all the little do-dads, and hop on in.. Very glad to have you here.By the way, if it's ok with you, I'll introduce you to all these guys??? Randy

Hey buddy, check your e-mail first!!! Hope to be seeing you soon!!!

SteveM

Welcome Steve, get used to all the little do-dads, and hop on in.. Very glad to have you here.By the way, if it's ok with you, I'll introduce you to all these guys??? Randy

Hey buddy, check your e-mail first!!! Hope to be seeing you soon!!!

SteveM

Thanks Randy, please check your e-mail first!! Hope to be seeing you soon!!

SteveM

HEY Vince!!!! Good to see you on here!! Guys, meet our newest member, he is definately a coyote(and cat) killer. He hunted with us this weekend,,,great guy, by the way, he's thermolok's brother(don't hold that against him). Really, thermolok came too... another great guy. These are our kind of folks...welcome!! Randy

------------------

http://predatormasters.com/varmint_masters.html

[This message has been edited by Randy Watson (edited 02-06-2002).]

Hey Randy.......I wont hold that againist you. Even though I missed 3 cats and was pretty darn upset I had a great time. Killing that huge dog was a life long dream to me, even though we had to climb to the top of the world to do it, "boy was I scared". GET READY YOU CLOWN...me and the west Tx. song dog assian are coming back in oct. tell all your pussy cats to get thier coats ready, and yes I am going to give my 22-250 another chance, just a little nervous last time. Please tell all your cats that for me dude!

------------------

Back