having a BOSS installed?

Just about burnt out the barrel of my medallion 22 250 trying to get the perfect group with the boss. By that time my hearing was in serious jeoprady and I fitted it with a blank they sell. They provide blanks now with each boss and I believe there is a reason. Works better without the boss(more consistent).

Boss = waste of money,time and noise IMHO. With the quailty factory ammo made today and improvements in bullets,powders and guns, I see it as a selling gimmick with little true value as others have stated.

I wouldn't trade the added noise,weight and cost in smaller caliber rifles for coyote hunting. If you want recoil reduction go with a medium,heavy barrel. Accuracy is gained better in other ways than a "do dad" on the end of the barrel of a coyote caliber rifle.

I dont know about virgin valley gunsmy guns smith is Lock Stock and Barrel here in utah he does excellent work for a fait price I just dont want the boss due to the noise and the extral length I have a barrel ordered from shillen and I dont know much about the boss but this rifle it came off was a shooter.

Back