Good video to buy or get ahold off.

I have had it for quite some time now and WOW is it any good. Others to check out are "Doggin Coyotes", "Bustin Coyotes", "Power Howling for Coyotes" all of those are by E.L.K. at elkinc.com and " Operation Predator" which is available through bass pro shops. These are just some of my personel faviorats. I have a few more that are so-so.

Randy's tape is a good one to watch, I haven't seen the other three mentioned as of yet.

My favorite thus far is John-Henry's tape. Good calling information, lots of lightning quick kills with the .17, and the bobcat scene is the best I've ever witnessed.

But to be honest with you, I've never seen what I'd call and bad video on calling predators....
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

I find I have grown weary of hearing the 17cal. subject, that crowd has beat it to death. Heck, I can hear the same garbage over on Coyote Gods. No thanks.
Please remove my name from the membership of this board. Pete

Pardon my ignorance, but exactally what is a "coyote god"? Is it something we are supposed to bow down to? Or to make an alter to? I guess I never heard of one? I have heard of the One True God, and the alters people have made to Bail, and other "little g" gods. How many coyote gods are there? Could someone enlighten me on the subject? I'm just a newbe and want to learn all I can about coyote hunting.
coykiller

Originally posted by coykiller:
"Pardon my ignorance, but exactally what is a "coyote god"?"

Good dang question! and no need to be pardoned , your not the first to wonder.

"Is it something we are supposed to bow down to? Or to make an alter to? "

Nah , you really don't need to bow, and he has already created his own alter.

"I guess I never heard of one? I have heard of the One True God, and the alters people have made to Bail, and other "little g" gods. "

I figure old John Henry would qualify as one of the other "little g" gods.

"How many coyote gods are there?"

Just the one that I know of, although there could be a few more lurking around somewhere that just havent morphed yet.

"Could someone enlighten me on the subject? I'm just a newbe and want to learn all I can about coyote hunting."
coykiller

Well I dropped my enlightenment card but I will give it a shot.
The "Coyote Gods" are actually a couple of guys from Southern Az. The head god is a feller by the name of "John Henry".
He has a lesser god of a sidekick named "Vic"

John has a website that he has created at, http://www.coyotegods.com/ubb/forum.shtml

Its a pretty good site if you don't tick off the resident entity.

You will here quite a bit about old JH if you haunt the predator sites much, some of it's probably true and a lot more of it ain't.

I will leave it up to you to figure out which part "ain't".

JH and I have had our run in's in the past, and have visited a tad bit about them on email. I sure am not included in his list of friends, nor is he included in mine.

Yet I sure don't harbor any ill will towards him like a lot of other folks do. In fact I tend to respect him quite a lot more than I originally did . He can be a pretty decent sort if he decides to let his mantle down.

All in all, he is probably one of the more knowledgable predator hunters out there.

I even think that I would enjoy hunting with him a little, if we could keep from shooting each other.

I think that we all kind of got a little John Henry in us, he just chose to show it in a bigger way.
Its his life, and there is no question that he has helped a lot of others "and make no mistake about it" in his own way.
Craig.

[This message has been edited by Craig Hamilton (edited 04-10-2001).]

Pete in Idaho...

I’m sorry that my post seemed offend you so much, that certainly wasn’t my intent. Merely just trying to exchange information, not brainwash anyone.

I’m going to leave the door open for you, you’ve broken no rules Pete.

Hopefully, you were just having a bad moment and will change your mind.

If not, we wish you the best both in life and calling.

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Pete there are a lot of 17 shooters on board, I guess this would be about the same as the upland bird forum if you don't want to read them, don't click

I have heard a lot about the JH tape and want to see some more bobcat footage but i refuse to spend forty dollars for a predator tape when you can get randys for 20 and "Operation Predator" for 7 dollars. I would really like to see the bobcat footage though i only have two kills on my tapes.

Back