Trapping Bobcat

NONYA

Im going to try my hand at trapping a bobcat this winter,I have a good location that holds cats and Im looking for any tips that you may want to share,I dont think Im allowed to use live bait here and I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.Thanx

Sunny slopes with rocks or rock walls. They hunt bunnies in the rocks and on sunny slopes. I like the cheek rub set on a rock wall about 24" or more off the ground. These locations may be better in snowy weather also, due to the heat will melt the snow first. Use two traps on a drag at a set, plenty of foot guides, even with #3 traps. Use peat moss to bed if traps freeze up.
Let the tittie females go, they still have kittens depending on them. No sense in killing the ones you want to catch in a year or two.
Funnel locations are good, also. They like cedar draws, for the cover and hunting, especially ones going from high to low ground, or high ground to a big rock pile. You can use coal shale to bed traps for freezing weather, also.
If you catch a kitten and the foot is frozen, sell it, it won't make it if that happens. Good luck, you may get one of those high dollar ones!T.20

Back