Foxes eyesight question

Harpy

Stupid question time: 1st, can red and grey fox see infrared light such as the beam that shines out from a night vision scopes extra illumination device???? 2nd, How sharp is a foxes eyesight {day or nite}, is it comparable to a dogs {which is not really to good}??? 3rd, I have called several foxes up at night lately and only use night vision, {no red lense spotlights} they will come out for a second but then go just inside the woods and bark. Sometimes after killing one fox another will bark but never come out again and stay just inside the woodline where you cant see them but they dont leave the area. Instead, they hang back and continue to bark. I have a grey fox mouth barker call and have barked back and forth for as much as 20 minutes with one big male grey fox. I have had reds as well as greys do this, my question is why or what are they doing??? Seems like if they were scared or alarmed they would not hang around for 20 minutes and talk??? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading this.

As far as I know they can't see infa red. From what I had read and experienced I would guess that it could be possible that they saw you approach or saw you move on the stand??? People have told me if they bark at you, you probably have been seen or made out to be not what you are trying to appear to be. They can see pretty good in the dark, maybe they saw something they did not like? T.20

Back