Your Best Bobcat Calling Sounds

Missouri_Hunter

What is your best Bobcat calling sounds in order and time per call? I am going to try this winter to forget about the coyotes and concentrate on Bobcats it is the only thing around here that the fur buyers will pay anything for. I have been using:
Rodent Distress 10 min
Quite 2 min
Blue Jay Distress 15 min
Quite 2 min
Byron Souths Cottontail 15 min

What are some sequences that you have had luck with on Cats?

Most of the time if they are in hearing range they will come.

I had 2 last year that responded to a pup in distress on one of Tony's howlers. Several came to my usual high pitched cottontail and some came to various sounds on the foxpro including Jackrabbit distress, Woodpecker, Screaming blue jay(one of my favorites).

My normal style of calling is high pitched and pretty eratic. Works well on just about anything, so I dont really even try and change much when targeting cats. If using electronics I will try and stick with the higher pitched stuff, but I have to say I bet just about anything will work at one point or another.

Cats arent very smart and seeing them is much more of a challenge than calling them in my opinion. Keep you eyes peeled and give em heck.

Constant or near constant calling will be a plus for you also. How do you like that for a brainstorming, trainreck of a post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif,

Take care,

Todd

Kelly,My favorite Foxpro sounds for bobcats are lucky bird,cowbird,starling in distress, baby cottontail. Ill switch sounds up during s stand but i always play them continuosly because bobcats have a very low attention span. They will stop and watch anything so play continuose busy sounds, and there happy time that ive witnessed is 45 minutes to an hour.

Syco Tweety 2-3 on 1 off about 20 min., then Death Card Call closed reed(shameless plug for my calls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)) for about 15 min at 2 on 1 off.
2sm.jpg
I have to say that the Syco Tweety is a mean mofo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Trashcan

I've called cats with a variety of calls. Cottontail rabbit sound accounted for my first one. Then, I too used Tweety, making a variety of sounds. He reponded while I was using a series of hurt pup sounds on Tweety. I've called two cats with hurt pup sounds. Also, this year and last I got two cats using doe bleets. Seems they come to most anything.

I used mouth calls and didn't blow constantly. I would blow a quick series, wait a little, perhaps a couple of minutes, then blow some more.

tweety or mini-blaster. 5-10 seconds of screams followed by 20 seconds of silence and I mix it up every so often by screaming longer or staying quiet longer. Keep going till one comes in or I feel like moving. Most I've killed respond within 5 or 10 minutes but I usually stay on-stand for a half hour or better whether i kill something or not. I think they respond pretty quick it just takes me awhile to pick them out sometimes.

Back