Texas Coyote Bounties??

I know that in Texas, predator bounties are set by counties not by the state. Does anyone know where this info can be found? I have been searching endlessly to see if the counties where I hunt most will have bounties this year or not. Any thoughts?

Not sure, I know San Saba where we hunt doesnt have one, but Burnet does. Most of them are from the cattleman's association, so you have to be a member to get the bounty. Might check with the landowners and see.

Depredador_Supremo.

You can call the county extension agent for the county your hunting and he can usually tell you. The way understand it is done in most counties is that it has to be approved throught the commisioners court and the state will match the money put in by the county. There is usually only so much money in the pot for the year. I once showed up at an extention agents office with over 600 dollars worth of coyotes and they only had money left for two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Byron

Yeah, just contact your county extension office they will be able to tell ya. Typically that'll be were you collect the bounty also, they generally get your info and then in about 2 weeks you get a check in the mail. In my county of Wood we have a 20$ bounty right now.

Welcome to PM FLAMER. I live in next door in Upshur county.

To collect the bounty in most counties you have to be a resident of the said county and the coyote has to be taken from the same county as well.

They used to take just the ears and tail but now they require the entire coyote. If you hunting over a warm weekend and have good success this can get quiet smelly before they open at 9 AM on Monday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Byron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back