Oh... I've done it now! Shotgun choke problem...

Fellows, I appreciate all the comments and thoughts. I'll lay my hands on some of the Permatex stuff a.s.a.p., you can bet on that! I'll also remove the chokes when I clean the guns and occasionally check to ensure they don't end up like this.

I'm still puzzled by this. I could easily understand the problem if the choke had rusted in, however, with no rust why would it lock so tight? That has me puzzled and any idea's about that could be real useful for all of us. As I said, the only thing I can see is a bit of light colored discoloration about two threads wide on the choke tube. Not rust colored, sort of straw color. Looks sort of like old dried Break Free if you've seen that. Won't come out of the threads or clean off. It's just an off colored ring in the threads of the choke.

I did get the DVD out by shutting down the computer and restarting it. Worked fine then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

The choke tube grease you used is still an oil, the hotter oil gets it eventually gets hard or gummy. That is an old engine assemblers trick to dip head and intake manifold bolts in oil. When the new engine is run for hours then the bolts stay good and tight. Anyway the best way to avoid this is to keep it clean
and use the anti-seize much better product than using a choke tube grease. You never know you might forget again only then at least it won't be stuck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back