Anyone shoot the 6mm Dasher?

Mr. Mister

If so what can you tell me (us) about it?

I was leaning towards a 6mm-06 Mauser build until I learned of this wildcat.

From what I'm told it will last much longer barrel wise than the 6mm-06 and is a better round.

Thanks,

Steve

Mr.MR,

If you are contemplating on the 6mm Dasher, I think you should also take a closer look at the 6mm x 47 Lapua. I find the 6 Dasher is more costly to build, their performance is equal. Last I checked the 6mm Dasher dies from Redding is $270/set, not to mention you still have to fire form the BR brass to make in to a Dasher.
6mmx47 Lapua is necked down from the 6.5 X47 Lapua, makes neck and shoulder dimension is identical to the 6BR, only the body is .289 longer, die set are available from Forster for $67/set. The case dimension and capacity are similar between both calibers, both share the same small primer pocket/flash hole and tough brass made by Lapua.
I’m still in the load development stage of my 6mm x47 Lapua, but it’s looking very promising, I was able to push 70g B-tip with 38g of IMR 4064 @3500 and deadly accurate. If you are interested, I can send you more information and gun smithing etc.

Cheers

This picture is the 6x47Lapua standing next to the 6BR and 6BRX(similar to the Dasher), it give you a pretty good idea of it's capasity and this site www.6mmhot.com has more information about this round.
begall3x600.jpg

I'm leaning towards a 6mm something but I am a total novice we it comes to building a gun and wildcats.

Thanks for the new ideas BuzzBee-you put me back to square one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6mm is a great choice because all the available bullets in this caliber. 6mmBR has always been one of my favor varmint cartridge, it's deadly accurate up to 250 yds, specially now the Lapua brass, it's never been better.
But I find to shoot well beyond that, typically you need a heavier bullet with a higher BC & shooting at higher velocity to get flat trajectory.

Why are you back to the square one, this may be your destiny, I wish the 6mmx47 Lapua came along 30 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, where is Citrus Heights, CA ?

Citrus Heights is in the land of Fruits and Nuts-AKA California.

This isn't the first time back to square one either. I enjoy all the input I get on this site. I started out with wanting a 6mm-06, then went to a 6.5-06, to 6mmBR, 22BR, back to the 6mm's with the Dasher and then you showed me the 6.5x47.

I know I'll go with a 6mm/243 bullet. Just don't know what brass I'm going to stuff it into yet!

The round I'm showing you is the 6mmx47, it's the 6.5x47 necked down to 6mm, like in the picture, it's the one standing all the way to the right.

I used to salmon fish right below the dam, done it for over 20years, there is a "Citrus Height" near by, not sure it's the same place. Anyway, back then it was a nice country, I'm sure it still is.

I've got two....and I wouldn't take for 'em. I'm in the process of building another as I type this out.

1.) Panda/Shilen
2.) Viper/Kreiger

and the one right now is on a 700 with a Shilen

check out www.6mmbr.com for all you ever wanted to know all the 6mm BR wildcats and variations

gari

Back