Ruger KM77VT MKII

NateDog

I have a line on a good deal on one of these. I think I am going to go with a 220 swift if I do get one. I already have a 223 rem Savage so I want to go one the opposite spectrum of a varmint caliber. My question is if anyone has any input on the Ruger KM77VT MKII (Varmint/Target Laminate grey stainless heavy barrel) and how they like them or know anyone who has shot one. Heard they shoot real good and wanted some opinions.

Thanks

I have one in 22-250. I bought it about 10 years ago for coyote hunting and it does that job very well. It has a leupold VX-III 4.5-14 AO scope, a harris bipod and a good sling to help me carry the heavy thing while i'm hunting. It is really accurate. it weighs alot and with the bipod its steady as a rock. The guys I hunt with nicknamed it the "Bringer of Death" because of all the coyotes i've killed with it. Great Gun.

I had one in 22-250 liked it a bunch, sold it.
I have one in 223 Rem love it, still have it. Both were very accurate for me.

I have an older 220 Swift in wood stock and love it .Its my go to gun for Rock Chuck and would use it for coyotes if it weren't so heavy,I liked the Rugar M77 Varmint so much I bought my son one for Christmas last year and it shots between 1/2" and 3/4 '' consistently .He seems to favor the gun for varmints also.The triggers are adjustable and we have both triggers set at about 2 lbs.Great guns inherently accurate round I would recommend the M77 Varmint barreled Rugar in 220 swift without hesitation!

Have one in 204
Darn good shooter.
Takes a BAR or M60 type guy to carry on around though.
Had an older model in 22-250. Sure wish I had it back.
Later
DF2

Good choice of gun if you don't mind the weight. Mind you I carried it a whole day hunting a section of land and all it means is you sit down for more sets in a day.LOL. Mine is a 22-250, with handloads it shoots a ragged 1hole group at 100yds and I've adjusted the 2stage trigger down to 1-3/4 lb. Would not sell er for anything.

ruger300

Back