Stevens 200 Trigger

Midway puts the Timney on sale for $64 every so often that fits the Stevens 200. I put one on my 22/250 and must say that it is one sweet trigger. I did it myself, so I would think that you could also.
I have also heard good things about the SSS trigger, but it may cost a bit more.
Either one would be a huge improvement over the factory.
Good luck

I put one of the SSS triggers in my Savage 110. Great, smooth, crisp trigger and they are on sale right now. Easy to install and easy to tweak safely.

Some of the OLD savage triggers could be adjusted to be tolerable, note some. Most of my non-accutrigger savages wear Timney now. One has a SSS, but I see little difference in feel vs a Timney. The cost is more and I thought it was harder to install. Either will work fine. Once you get a good trigger it is hard to go back to a heavy factory. I just figure it in the price or wait until I find a deal on an accutrigger.

I have a stevens model 200 in .300 win mag. I adjusted the "lawyer trigger" safely with the help of a friend. I got it down to a very tolerable level. Mentioned above was a "safe trigger" The stevens 200 has a 2 set screws in the bottom of the trigger. Adjust the set screw closest to the trigger to get it lower and raise the one further away. In doing so, ensure that you put the assembly back in the stock and test it (yes dry fire) put safety on and pull it, if it goes off the rear set trigger is to low. Keep messing with it to get to a tolerable level. I actually like mine where it's at now, took 10 minutes and $0.00 dollars.

I guess I just don't know any better...Mine is where the factory put it...& it works fine for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But, I'm not a "gun guy", so like I say, I probably just don't know any better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back