I Hate Gloves

Neffquail

When I`m calling I hate to wear gloves because it seems to muffle my calls, and make them sound different. But I also hate having cold fingers. Also hate having my hands exposed to the critters to. Been thinking about taking a pair of gloves and cutting the palms out of them to see if it will work. Any other ideas besides using head nets and calling under them.

------------------
Keep Your Powder Dry.
David Neff

You might try "CamoSkinz" from Cabela's. I just got a pair for Christmas and am happy so far. They fit like a second skin, break the chill a little (they're not insulated), and don't seem to affect the sound of the call (at least to my ears). They're just a few bucks, might be worth a shot.

Thanks I will have to look into those. Don`t mind the cold just don`t want my white hands flashing every coyote within a mile.

------------------
Keep Your Powder Dry.
David Neff

I've got these real cool gloves that are like mittens but you can pull the mitten part off and they are like gloves underneath with the finger tips cut out. You can velcrow the mitten part to the top of the glove. I have seen them at lots of places. I bought mine at the local Army Surplus store. They are camo and fleece. Best I have ever had. Look around for 'em.

Just get you some kind of glove with the leather or simulated palm. I got a new pair from cabela's. Gore-tex MT050 fabric with the leather palm and the calls sound good with the glove on.

------------------
Bye y'all
yotewalk.gif

B. Pierce

Might try some mechanics gloves. I first bought a pair to do a brake job on my explorer then after I found how well they fit I bought a pair for hand gun shooting only. I have sense bought a third pair and painted the little bit of yellow on the camo and they work great. The are farly warm, can operate scope or reload rifle or pistol good. I could even pick a dime up of the floor. I got mine at a parts store. Get the impact ones if you get some!!

Back