Accubond in 223?

shaunt

I am looking for a good round for hogs i was gonna buy black hills blue box nosler partitions 60 grain but i dont know if accubond has a 223 bullet i am shooting a rock river a4 24 inch 223 1 in 8 twist i have had good luck with soft points but i want a little more penetration i killed a 250 pound hog with a 60 grain vmax the other day about a 15 yard shot right in the ear hog was dead right there never moved but i would like some info on what you guys think is the best round for big texas hogs out of a ar-15
thanks

No accubond's for a 223 but the partition will penetrate deeper than an accubond anyway. The partition should be a great hog bullet when shooting a 223. Not sure if you reload but you might look at the Winchester bullet 64 grain power point. This is a good deer type bullet. If reloading you may look at a sierra 55 or 65 grain game king. I would think the partition would do the best of all.

But then again if you keep ear holeing them the bullet want matter that much anyway.

Sierra has a 65gr gameking that I've had real good luck with on deer also speers throphy bonded bear claw can be had in loaded ammo.

Gary

thanks for the info guys i do not reload so if you gut=ys think partitions are the way to go then i guess theres my answer thank you

I just had my local dealer order in some Black Hills Blue Box .223's with the 60gr. Nosler Partition Bullet. I initially had him order Federal Premium Vital Shok .223's with the 60gr. Nosler Partition but his distributor didn't have them in stock.

Not sure when my Black Hills Blue Box .223 / 60gr. Nosler Partition ammo will get here, but I do plan on taking at least one Whitetail with this ammo this fall.

There is an interesting article at http://www.gunsandhunting.com/articles/bullet_bone/Bullethitsbone.html that compares the .223 / 60gr. Nosler Partition to other calibers and bullets shot into a Ballistic Test Tube with and without Deer Humerous Bones molded into the Ballistic Test Tube. Very interesting reading non thel ess.

Larry

sd i am using the 77gr match bullets blackhills blue box in the same gun.they will slap put a hurting on pigs.i have shot 30+ pigs with them so far some in the 250 300 lb range.they shoot tiny holes in paper also.shot a yote with them last week 275 yards drop in his tracks.they really impressed me.

Back