6mm TCU Stikes again

coyotestalker

Took my second yote over 300 yds with this little pill. This one ranged 325 yds with a Lieca 1200. Funny thing was I missed the 210 yd shot. He stopped again at 325. "Bang", and the coyote top began. He spun quite a few times before making a run for it. It done him no good though, he piled up within 50 yds. I am using a light load of 24 grs of IMR 4895 behind a 75 gr hp with Winchester brass. Not sure of the velocity,I am just fireforming brass yet. This load shoots so well fireforming, I just keep shooting them. Haven't really found a bullet this rifle doesn't like. Not a speed demon, but kills them just the same. Once I get my brass fireformed, I will see about picking up the speed alittle and flattening out the trajectory. Even so, the bullet went clean through. This is turning out to be my main yote rifle.

I have a rem 660 that was a 222rem that the barrel was bad ive been thinking about a 6mmtcu with about a 20inch barrel would be neat.

Tell us a little more on the cartridge. I take it is something in the .222 .223 size necked up to 6mm. What speeds and trajectory are common. Ryan

The 6mm TCU is based on the .223 Rem. The neck is expanded to 6mm and then fireformed to the 6mm TCU. The case wall at the shoulder is blown out .370 from the standard .354 of the .223 with a 40 degree shoulder and a neck lenght of .231. The case trim length is 1.740". I am expecting to get about 3200 fps from my 26" Pac-Nor barrel. I haven't started working up loads in formed brass yet as the rifle shoots so well with unformed loads now. Right now I am only using 24gr of IMR 4895. Still have 3.8gr to go for max(per the Thompson Contender Volume 1 Book) I will find out what max is whenI work up my loads. I am sighted in at roughly 1.5" high at 100yds and at 200yds drop about 3.5" from point of aim. Its by no means a barn burner or the ultimate all time coyote rifle, but it is a pleasure to shoot. I picked this caliber because it is different.

Back