17 HMR Scopes

PredatorCaller

Is there anyone that is familiar with the Pine Ridge Scope that is setup for the 17 HMR? I was curious if it was a good quality scope that held a zero.

Thanks....

I have a straight 4 X 32 BSA on mine for about 26 bucks at the WW. It holds zero and shows conssitent adjustments.

I went straight 4X because it's enough magnification out to max .17 hmr range and it's always in focus for a surprise 20 yard shot.

I put the Bushnell Banner "Super 17" 3.5x10x36 on mine. The 20Gr cci rounds are very close to the bullet drop compensator settings. Worth a look at $89

I have a straight 24x Tasco on a .17HMR NEF. I watched a shooter from this board kill 2 P-dogs at 237 yds with his .17HMR Cooper this year in Wyoming. Don't under estimate that little beast !!!!!!!!!

I have a BSA Sweet 17 3x12 on my 10" OTT bull barreled TC G2 Contender. I find that it works fine for the range I use it (150 yrds in). The occasional 200 yard shot does present itself and the "dial up" has proven accurate on my scope at least.

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
I have a straight 24x Tasco on a .17HMR NEF. I watched a shooter from this board kill 2 P-dogs at 237 yds with his .17HMR Cooper this year in Wyoming. Don't under estimate that little beast !!!!!!!!!

Hello Al- That "shooter" was me. I use a Weaver V16 with fine Xhairs and DOT. I really like that combination. The scope in not very expensive. I've shot PD's consistantly out to 286yds with my Cooper 17HMR.

Hey dukxdog, Good to hear your still out there. I have taken a few more trips up to the areas you saw us in. Last one about a week ago. I had a good little shoot. Nothing great, but good. I purchased another Savage , but in .204. Hope it turns out to be as nice as the other Savages. Sold the .17 to a friend to help pay for the project. Any plans for next year in Wyoming ??

Hey Al- I will go to Wy PD shooting again. We organized a hunt last year and that's how I met you. Keep me posted and look on here for hunt info. It's good to meet new guys. Glad you got some more Pdogs there. It was a nice spot with good vantage point.
It's always good to get new guns but sucks to part with some.
Bobby

Back