Possom Knifing

We had a possum that got knifed a few years ago in a bar fight but he pulled a 45 and cleared the place real quick...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

man my first possum i evert shot was when i was 8 in the back yard at around 5 am... it was hard enough not being an experienced hunter.. but even harder since i never knew when it was dead... i finally realized it was dead when my grandpa came in wiht the shovel and knocked his head off.. haha those were the days

Quote:
I don't want to come off on the wrong foot here but I feel that it is not the same when comparing sticking a hog that can cut you to pieces and knifeing a small anomal that will and does play dead. What is the reasoning?
I don't and will not argue with anyone about how or what they hunt but for "ME" personally... I do not feel comfortable killing an animal that I have no use for after I have taken its life. I am in no way a tree hugging, PETA advocate. I just feel that if you are hunting and takeing an animals life (I FEEL) that you should have some sort of use for it.
Like I stated earlier so that no-one misunderstands what I am saying... If, and when I kill it, I will have some sort of use for it wheather I sell the skin, eat the meat, or want to have it mounted. I feel that we need to respect nature and not only kill it, but leave it to do whatever it was put here on earth for.
Please don't take no offence this is just my opinion.
Thanks for your time, and good luck hunting!
SC Predator Hunter

I concur........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I dont think I would try and knife a opossum or any other wild animal for that matter.Not only does it just seem kind of weird but I usually have a gun with me so I would just shoot it.That way I wouldnt get my cloths all bloody and it would be alot less painful for the opossum and probably me too.Those things have alot of teeth and I couldnt think that gettin bit would be all that fun.I would much rather shoot something than stand on it or stab it while its got its teeth dug into my arm.But if ya like stabbin em and its fun then go for it.A 12gauge seems to work fine for feral dogs and any other critter I gotta take care of but thats just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifBut whatever you gotta do to get rid of em I guess so proceed with the dog stompin and opossum stabbin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Bunny boppin is more fun. You catch a cottontail in the lights, and while he is transfixed by the glare you put down your Bud Light and sneak up behind him with a fish billy.

Works like a charm till the Bud light is 3/4 gone, then you risk smackin your ankle.

HM

Back