Scent Lock Suits?

I used a US military chemical suit, which is what the scentlock design is based on, my first couple of years. Had some coyotes come in straight downwind of me (followed the tracks) to about 20-30 yards out. That is when they got my scent. That was back when I still called into the wind so they were coming in behind me. The only problem is the suit was so dang blasted hot that you could only use them in cold weather. After I changed my calling habits to cross and downwind I got away from using it. Then I found surplus UK suits for like $14. From my experience overseas I knew these to be a lot lighter and cooler. I use them now anytime the weather is cool enough, normally after 1 Oct or so. It fits under my gullie suit just fine and basically acts as my shirt and pants. Can't beat that, warm hunting clothes that surpress your scent for $14.
However during warm weather they get packed away. They are lighter then the US version but still way too hot.
Bottomline, I think they work and every little bit helps, but maybe not enough to justify the good ones at $250........now $14 is different, I spend that on lunch.

------------------
"Go out early, come home late. Call all day."

I can`t justify buying one, I just try to pick my stands with a little more visibility around me so I can see them and shoot them a little further away, and also try not to hunt when the wind is blowing more than 5-10 mph. then I always use whats avaliable that grows or falls from a cow or sheeps butt to step in or rub on my clothes and this seems to work just fine. Otherwise i usually have a dip of copenhagen snuff in my mouth when blowing on calls (this gives them a more gravelly sound the little bits get stuck in places up and down the reed) and the scent of the snuff doesn`t bother them (Maybe because it smells like a coyotes butt who knows hehe....)

------------------
Keep Your Powder Dry.
David Neff

I use scent lok during all my hunting and have never noticed an animal catch my scent, even at point blank range. Deer and bear go directly under my stand with no clue. If you can afford one i'd get one because it helps your hunting alot and you dont have to base your setups on the wind.
Thats my opinion-

just make sure you buy the scentblocker plus and not the scentlok as the former is much more soft whereas the scentlok is a very stiff fabric and also noisy. as far as scent control it will help alot. deer don't smell me hardly ever but foxes and coyotes will catch my scent sometimes. it is expensive and hard to justify the price but if you can afford it i don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back