First blood for me and the FX3

camopaint

Nice day today, not to warm out, so I decided to go do some hunting after work. Mapped out my area and decided to try an old tank driving range on the edge of post which backs up against the town. Coyotes have got to be in the area for the night time raids on the local kitties and such. Parked the Jeep just off the road and hiked out about a mile to a nice little clearing with some low grass and decent cover. Placed the JIB and FX3 in a litle depression so the fuzzy critter stuck up just above the grass and moved about 25 yards away to set up under a little tree. Started in with a low DSG cottontail distress for a couple minutes then sat in silence, played a couple minutes more, this time a little louder then sat quiet again. Switched to the Dying jack and blared it for a good minute or so then cut it off. Crows were going crazy, squawking all around my set, and since I like to have a little fun with them, I switched the caller to Crow gathering and let er rip! As I lift my head from the remote control I catch sight of this yote moving FULL SPEED towards the JIB! Barely enough time to raise the scattergun, bead on him and BOOM! 12 ga. #4 shot at about 10 yards crumpled him on the spot! Not a twitch, yelp or another step, D.R.T.! Checked him out, young male, nice fur, well fed and aggresive in the way he charged the JIB. Snapped a photo, took care of the coyote and moved on to scout the rest of the area. Saw another coyote about 1/2 mile down the trail, stretching and sunning himself, a nice red fox crusing along another trail, paw prints and fresh scat all over the place! I think I hit the jackpot. Theyll get some time to cool off, but Ill be back there again, hopefully with more good results.
IMG_0966-1.jpg

That is awesome camopaint! I knew that it would be coming really soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Now keep at'em , I know you are into them pretty good down there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Later,

Scott

Oh, I like that "took care of the coyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Skinned and salted no doubt!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Where oh where did this take place.

Hey George do you think you made a good Trade?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
WTG man, I couldn't be happier for you brother.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Keep at em and keep me posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rus

I plan on bloodying it up good this weekend, I love the AR. I know I gor the better end of the deal... Did I mention I consider you one of my new best friends
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rus

Fun ain't it, it only gets better. Did you get "YOTE FEVOR"?

Did I see your truck in one of the other post? CAMO. If you did that, come to AZ and paint mine!!!!

great going. getting my Fx3 back tomorrow with all new sound's. got my parent's 50 year anversary cant miss that then leaving sat for bear and cougar for a few day's. came close in aug a few time's. getting the fever now.made a few call's to try out. great going.i can shoot bobcat's and coon now too. it's pretty cool when you see alot of track's and stuff like you did. coyote look's greatall i have seen this year is 7 pup's.Rick

PhilBilly, Id be happy to come over to AZ and paint your truck, you provide the paint and Ill do it no charge! Of course I would require traveling expenses, food and lodging and of course hunting licence fees and you to show me some good hunting spots! BUT I wouldnt charge a dime to paint your truck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Ill start packing....

Back