Rem. Model 7 trigger question

greg223

Just got this rifle ("Me") in .223 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. Really like all aspects of this gun except the trigger must be set at 4-5 pounds. At least it feels that heavy. What would you guys recommend I do to bring it down to 2 pounds? Thanks for the advice coming. Went calling with it today, what a nice rifle to pack around.

Welcome to the world of the Model 7. My favorite "walkabout rifle" and I have several.

I just buy Rifle Basix drop in triggers for them. They're reasonable and safe and can be adjusted down about as low as you want.

$bob$

Greg,
For a third of the price of a decent replacement trigger(35.00), I'd send it to Jim Pigg in Etna, WY and have it tuned to the weight that you want. Jim does great work, I've had several done, and they feel a darned sight better than any R.Basix I've ever tried.
Go to www.triggersmith.com
F1

i'll second what flyrod said.jim is a great guy and does great work.i've had him tune two of my factory triggers and they are both sweet.

You can adjust it yourself.
It is the same as Remington 700.
SniperCountry.com has a really good set of instructions.

I'm computere illiterate or I would give you a link to it.

I've done a dozen or more and if you take you time its not that hard to get what you want.

Good Luck with "ME".

Later
Clayman

Clayman,
I've adjusted bunches of Remmy triggers, changed springs, polished internal parts, etc., but withoug the jigs and the rest of the equipment, I can't do what Jim does. He changes angles and completely blueprints the internals of the trigger. For 35 bucks it's a bargain, and he stands behind his work. I've got a couple in the 16oz range, no creep, no overtravel, and no striker follow on a slammed bolt.
F1

Thanks guys. I am going to send it to the Triggersmith as soon as I get a chance to clean off my desk, take the assembly out and send it. Sure appreciate the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. I think 2 lbs should be sufficient?

Back