Do coyotes eat grass ?

PineCone

Do coyotes eat grass this time of year? Saw some scat that was almost all green grass on top of some old bear(maybe)scat. I am not positive it was coyote. I suppose it could have been bear or dog.
Thanks.
PC

Last edited:
Yep! I've seen it plenty of times. One of the coyotes I shot last year emptied it's bowels on the spot and it was almost all grass.

dang and here i thought the deer ate my crop and it was coyotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
They do and that's why hippies hate coyotes.

rofl thats funny right there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Coyotes eat anything. I have seen coyte scat with plastoc grocery bags, plastic meat wrappers, and even styrofoam.

most often canines eat grass to make theirselfs vomit. i've seen dogs eat coarse grass and a little later throw it up. some of the finer grass they eat is passed through their systems. since they don't chew it very well i doubt they get much more than a cleansing effect either way from it.

Actually I have heard that domestic dogs and cats will eat grass when their digestive system is bothering them. Something about the grass calms it down. Not sure that a coyote or any other predator would be any different.

I usually see grass droppings every year while trapping. I think it is done to clean something out, but not sure. Sometimes you will see a dead worm. T.20

Quote:
Coyotes eat anything. I have seen coyte scat with plastoc grocery bags, plastic meat wrappers, and even styrofoam.

Don't forget them wigs Lance. I am gonna have a wig in distress on my FX5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back