any one used this bullet? CCI 22 Magnum RF Maxi-Mag TNT

AR-MAN

Hi guys, I am doing some research on what bullet to shoot out of my 22mag rifle to shoot coons. I emailed the CCI tech support and told them I am looking for a bullet that will do the best job for head shooting coons. I only want to shoot them once. They recommeded the 22 Magnum RF Maxi-Mag TNT 30 grain bullet. They come out of the rifle at 2200 feet per second verses the 40 grain maxi mag coming out at 1875. Any help you can give me in sharing your experience with either round would be great.
Mike

I've shot up a few testing only. They were very accurate in a 77/22, but my old brno didn't like them at all. of course that gun doesn't like anything but winny 40 gr. never killed anything, but accuracy was right up there

*most* accurate of all ammo for my CZ 452 varmint. @ 25yds I shot a gallon plastic milk jug full of water..of course it exploded, but when I picked up the empty shred of a jug, there was no exit hole..just bullet fragments inside the jug.

NF

Rem's 33gr v-max bullet is a good one. I would see how it shoots in your rifle for accuracy. TNT's don't shoot that well in my rifle but everyone is different.

Quote:
Rem's 33gr v-max bullet is a good one. I would see how it shoots in your rifle for accuracy. TNT's don't shoot that well in my rifle but everyone is different.

Have to agree on the remmy's! They are by a wide margin the best .22 magnum ammo I have shot in the two of mine!

I have killed a ton of varmints with Win Sup 34 gr hp s. Anything smaller than coyotes I reccomment it highly. Also the most accurate load I shoot out of my marlin. I have tested everything. For head shots and skull bone a 40 gr may be better.

How are the Rem V-Max on Fox and Coyote? I've always used the Win. 40gr. hp, but they are getting hard to find, so I'm looking for another 22mag. load that's fur friendly when I have use the 22mag.

I've shot a lot of coons out of traps and a 22lr in the head only takes one shot and no fur damage. If you are shooting them out of a tree the slower the bullet/less distance of travel the better.

The Remingtons are great on Fox and Coyote. My Marlin 25m loves them. They arent moving as fast as id like but when other rounds start to lose energy the BC of the Remington keeps the speed and energy up better.

Back