Flash hider for AR Bull Barrel?

kfallscody

I have been looking for a flash hider for my 16" AR bull barrel for a while. I need to tame down this noise some. I stumbled upon this e-bay auction. The picture shows a bull barrel with a flash hider on it. I e-mailed the seller but have not received a response. I was wondering if anybody on here knows what it is and where to get one?

Thank you in advance.

You can get on from DPMS, Bushmaster or order one from Brownells. You will need to have a smith turn your barrel in order to fit the flash suppressor.

A FH is not going to make your 16" AR any more quiet. Any device that you put on the end of the barrel to make it quieter is subject to Federal law and a $200.00 tax stamp.

The flash suppressor will do just that: suppress the flash signature of your AR.

I know the amount of sound produced will not be any less. I was hoping that it would cause more of the sound to be projected away from me.

I was hoping for something that would slip over the end of the barrel and use set screws to keep it attached. Looks like I may be out of luck though.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you for your help.

Nope...., your not "out of luck" by a long shot..., I've got the perfect set-up for you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I threaded the muzzle of my DPMS 16" Bull barrel 24mm x 1.5 & screwed on a Bulgarian Krinkov Flash Supressor.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16349&cat=289&page=1

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zeb98271/a...m/ph//my_photos

This setup projects the muzzle blast forward away from the shooter greatly reducing the noise back at the shooter!!
I had to rework my hand load a bit afterwards to get back to my sub .5 MOA groups!! But now it's tuned in & totally awesome!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

If you decide to go that way but don't have anyone to cut the threads on a Lathe, which is the best way best way!!
I can loan you my 24mm x 1.5 Die. No sence in spending $40 on one while mine is just sitting around collecting dust!!

Another way to go is a Noveske KX3. Whch is a American made version for either 1/2x28 (Standard AR) or 5/8x24 threads. But there pretty spendy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/cart2/display.cgi?cat1=19&cat2=23

Quote:
A FH is not going to make your 16" AR any more quiet. Any device that you put on the end of the barrel to make it quieter is subject to Federal law and a $200.00 tax stamp.

The flash suppressor will do just that: suppress the flash signature of your AR.

Mostly true!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But there are a few FH's that do exactly what kfallscody is looking for, "tame down this noise" by way of projectng the sound forward. These are not considered "Sound Supressors" by the BATF

ie: "Bulgarian Krinkov Flash Supressor" & the American made version "Noveske KX3"

Please see my previous post on this thread for the details & links/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back