A Big Thanks

okhunter

Well as some people know we had our annual youth calling contest this past saturday at the Oklahoma Outdoor Expo. The contest went very well with over 30 entries competing in two age classes.
The contest would not have been as good as it was without the help from some people from this board. I would like to give a big thanks to lightsout(Wendell Rye),RagnCagn(Randy Reeves),JAMaidens,Mi Yotes,Wood 60,Loren Reese,Pup(Jim McGill),Arkyyoter(Joe Bradshaw),Jeff Holly,Okeytrapper(Richard Thornburg,Al (THO Game Calls),Aaron Glenn(Five O Game Calls),and Reginald Murray(oktrap supply). There was another gentleman who left 2 really nice calls the morning of the contest but I failed to write his name down.Iknow he is from this board so hopefully he will come forward.If I forgot anyone else I apologise now for the oversight.
Jim Mcgill made a huge donation not only in prizes but was a big help with the contest.Jim also gave a very good calling demo later in the day.
I will try and get some pictures on here when I can.

Thanks Again,okhunter

A big thanks to all those fells . Im sure the Youth appreciate all you have done for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Glad I was able to help out some.

Gotta love a kid with a new call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless you are his momma /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Al
THO Game Calls

You are the one who deserves our thanks Scott....you spent a ton of time, effort and money on this......My hat is off to you Sir!!!!

Joe

J Holly got stuck with the hardest part, he had to judge the contest. It was really a great event with many youths blasting the calls that you all donated all the way home in the car. We caught one of the fathers the next day wearing one of A. P.'s hats! A big congrats to Okhunter for putting this great event together, The folks at the Wildlife Dept. said it was the best event they had at the stage for the whole Expo! I thank all of you who donated so graciously on behalf of all memebers of the First Oklahoma Trappers and Predator Callers Association, may god bless you ten fold for your kindness. Sincerely, Okeytrapper

Thanks Scott and Richard for the opportunity to be a part of it!

The looks on the face of the young man that won the 12 and under was more than worth any donation! He couldn't get down there quick enough! I got a chance to speak with his Dad and Grandpa, great people with a very gracious spirit about them.

The kids used their own voices for the vocalizations. Lone Howl, Bark, and KiYi. I was envious of the tones that they were able to produce, at what seemed to be so effortless.

I had the pleasure of metting J. Holly, his wife and son. I am glad that he was judging the contest and not me, as it was tough to pick as they were all good. Good JOB Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif!

Thanks again guys for asking me out, I look forward to being able to participate next year!

later pup

I truly appreciate all the kind words from everyone, but this was truly a group effort.I look forward to this again next year and hope to meet up with some of you guys at the hunt in McCalester.okhunter

I got to see the contest and every one did an awsome job.
getting to see the kids was very cool they all did very good.nice to meet a few people as well.I would like to help
next year if you guys need it.

j.w.

jwelk I wish I could have met you at the contest. Are you coming to the McCalester hunt in December? If you do be sure and look me up.okhunter

hey okhunter the fill in judge you all had on the youth contest was my dad, he knows that game warden that there..

Back