Hunting Partner Wanted-Las Vegas Nevada area

mattd007

Hey everyone- I am new to the game, and looking for some help in the Southern Nevada region. Any help would be greatly appreciated-Thanks

welcome to the board im in southern nevada too and really if you want to find yotes do what me and my buddy do we find a good spot in the day anywhere close but away from the houses then we will go back at night and howl in the area and listen for responses then we set up the next morning in the general area and start calling distress howl only if you really need to when in a stand

thanks for the info, but i guess more than anything i am looking for a hunting partner. so if anyone happens to be interested in letting a newbie tag along, it would be nice.

Awesome-That is all I need, someone to get me started, Las Vegas is kinda weird with the "you can't shoot here, but in this little area you can" laws.

They have maps of where you can and cant shoot. Once your out of city limits, you should be good to go. If your goingto hunt close to houses, you might want to call the local law enforcement and see what they have to say about it. Especially if hunting at night. No fun having your stand busted by flashing lights, the sound of a pump shotgun being racked, and then having statements like "we saw the lights and heard the noise and thought you were raping farm animals". No fun at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The map down at NDOW shows all of Clark County blocked out. Does this mean if I go 5 miles out into the desert and start shooting coyotes that it is ok? You know out down past St. Rose and the 15 down that frontage road going past Wheelers RV? Or out behind Mission Hills of Horizon Ridge? I know Boulder City is a big no-no. The police up here are more than happy to tell you about the people they bust and confinscate their guns for shooting pop cans in the desert.

Matt
I live in Kingman AZ and call in NV often, Ill keep you in mind next time Im that way. If you dont mind spending a little cash for a AZ lic.and want to drive an hour our so, I go out on an average of once a week and often between here and the Dam. If you think your up for a short road trip, give me a shout and we can meet some where between here and there for some hunting.
Bob

Pay close attention to that map. Once you get past wheelers and out towards Jean, you should be ok as long as your away from the main road. Sloan area is off limits from what I have been told.

All over. Tonopah to Ely to Havasu AZ and farther south. I tend to go to Seachlight as it is close and lots of roads in descent shape. Unfortunatly , half of southern Nevada, Az , and Cali hunt there as well.

So I take it that Searchlight is acceptable, I have had many people say it wasn't, I will have to try out there, I have seen plenty of quail out that way too.

Any of you guys off on Sunday or Mondays? Looking for someone to go out Quail hunting with me next week, or maybe some coyote instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back