Craig Hamilton & FoxPro Problems

gare

Craig Hamilton: on 3-31-01 you posted you had problems with your FoxPro Remote not working. Some of us replied and i was wondering what you have found out. I had experienced this problem you had and i found that if my FoxPro is not in the Zero position the remote does not work over 2 foot away. I was hopeing this might have been your problem. Have you found out anything on your caller ?

Gare

[This message has been edited by gare (edited 04-07-2001).]

Gare,
I would also be curious as to what he finds out on his remote problem. I am guessing that when you mention "zero" you are talking about its on board volume control?
I don't have mine yet so I am a little behind the eight ball here.
Locator

The zero is on the call selector dial switch, not the volume. The call sounds are numbered 0 thru 16, so when using the remote you set the unit selector on "0" then you can make your selections from the handheld (remote).

Well fella's we was refering on the back of the FoxPro there is a selector switch that has 16 sound selection settings on it. You have to set that selector switch to zero and then use the remote. If you have it set on any other setting the remote will only work like 2 feet away. If it is set to zero like it is supposed to be it should have range oveer 100 yards. I have a 16 sound and it is a great working caller . Light lound and sounds realistic.

Gare

[This message has been edited by gare (edited 04-07-2001).]

Craig Hamilton: I was just bringing this back up to make sure you seen it ?

let us know what you found out
smile.gif

gare

Gare sorry that it took me so long to respond. I received a response from John Dillon of Fox Pro concerning my problems. He suggested that it may have had something to do with the reciever inside the unit.

I had been using this call for some time so was familiar with its use. I tried to eliminate all the obvious reasons . I stopped short of the tried and true cowboy method of banging it against a rock to see what that would do.

John assured me it would be repaired and returned ASAP,at no charge.

I will let you know what he had to say as soon as I get it back.

Craig,

I had the same problem arise this season with my FoxPro. I waited until last week to send it in for repairs. I hope it's back befor crow season!

Back