Does anyone have this load info???

JJFBANDIT

As I was rolling ammo for my .243 today, I thought that the load density was rather low. So I went to my many different manuals, and alas! could not find any information on how I would have ever come up with this load in the first place. I am using 40.4 grains of Varget, under a 75gr V-Max. I looked at Hornady info, but no Varget listed. Looked at Hodgdon info, but no 75gr V-Max listed. The BC of this bullet is .330, but none compared in the 75gr. category in any of the other books. So, to sum it up, should I worry at all that I cant find info for this load, especially since it prints .5" groups???

BANDIT

I just did a search on LOAD DATA and all I could find with the 75 grain V-Max and Varget powder was a load listed at 38.o grains. Nosler has the 80 grain B-Tip showing a load of 40.0 grains of Varget (MAX). I would guess you are pushing the envolope a bit! Keep a close eye out for any pressure signs!
Bob

Reloading manuals are only guidelines not bibles! As long as you don't have a heavy bolt, primers flowing or case heads scraping you should be fine.
PressureSigns.gif

The Lyman 48th shows the 75gr Speer HP with a max load of 41gr of Varget for comparison. Lee's max for a 75gr generic jacketed is 38.5gr Varget.

Tim

Back