Foxpro squirrel call sound???

robbor

I thought I had heard the foxpro had a sound that called squirrels, anybody have and use it? I did not see it at their site to listen to

Fox Pro has a Squirrel Distress sound. I think it's meant more to call predators than squirrels. I have it on my FX3 and have used it successfully to call fox, bobcat, and coyote. I also have used a Faulk's Squirrel Distress hand call to call coyotes. I view it primarily as a prey distress sound to call predators with. I've seen coyotes stalk squirrels in the woods and scraped plenty of little squirrel claws out of their scat when trying to determine what the coyote has been preying on. The same can be said for the bobcats and grey foxes that inhabit the Ozark timber. There are usually a lot of squirrels in the timber here and they play a part in the food cycle of all the predators. BTW, that includes Redtail Hawks and Owls. I've seen those two birds of prey take squirrels also.

The FX3 Squirrel Distress has sparked some reaction from the squirrels themselves. The very first time I used it a big fox squirrel ran through the tree tops chattering and sat right over the top of the caller looking hard at the Predator Supreme decoy as if it were eating a baby squirrel of ol' Mama's there. Most often the nearby squirrels run out on a limb and do one of two things. They either bark and chatter at the sound and then slip off. Or, they freeze and sit silently watching the caller/decoy. In the latter case they are very, very, still and motionless.

robbor,

We actually have 2 different squirrel barks. They are numbers 501 and 502. I checked the site, and they are actually listed under the predator sounds (I will have them put under a separate folder, as they are not geared to predators). I apologize for the inconvenience.

For what it's worth, the Mighty Mouse has also been very successful at calling squirrels in.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO, Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled!

Thanks Mike, I though I had seen somewhere that you had 1 sound that called squirrels. I will take a listen. What is the actual sound for 501? a tree or ground squirrel???

robbor,

I noticed that there is currently no preview for the red squirrel #502. If you want, just give us a call, and we can play it for you over the phone. #501 is a tree squirrel.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO, Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled!

Just like the good ol days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I was just wondering if any were specifically good for ground squirrels, I dont have many tree squirrels here, I may get on anyway all depending, I always told you guys 32 sounds was not enough.

Back