- DPMS Upper and Lower
- Fluted 20" Stainless Barrel with intregal compensator
- Ace skeleton stock
- Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16.5x44 AO

I mostly hunt open country.

Rem. 22-250 mod 700 BDL sporter barrel
Bushnell 5x15 Legend
This gun does'nt like coyotes .
The only thing I would change is , to put a stiffer stock on it .

1) Rem Model 7 in .223.

2) Sako 75 in .223 or .22-250

3) mostly very heavy cover in Western Montana with some semi open areas, logged areas, and very mountainous.

My Favorite .... is my Kel-Tec 223 semi-auto. It's real light, real fast, and real accurate (after I sent it back to the factory because it wouldn't hold groups - barrel wasn't tight against receiver)

I love my Ruger M77 HT in .204 gray stainless bull barrel - but it's a bit heavy for close up work in Northern MN. (11 lbs. 10 oz.!) but for long range work its real sweet. Consistantly group 1.25" - 1.5" @ 400 yds!

My dream rifle would be a Bushmaster customized in .204!
(maybe next year....) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I currently am using a Ruger 204 target grey laminate stock Zeiss Conquest scope 6.5x20x50
1 Cooper heavy barrel 22-250 or 204 with a Zeiss Davari Scope....
Anything but a CZ i know of to many people who have trouble with those guns Just my Opinion

New England .223 single shot with a Simmons 3-9X50. I usually shoot factory 45g. hollow points. Also am putting an Iver Johnson M-1 Carb. togeather for calling this fall. Shots are usually not to far down here.

I have 2 BUT i have a feeling I'm only gonna start carrying one now,,,my main gun WAS a Parker-Hale 22-250 and its a tack driver,,BUT now i have a Bushmaster Predator with a Burris 4-14.5 scope and a Harris bi-pod ,,,don't know if i will keep the bi-pod on it but i think it will help immensely
Thank you
Bob

used to extensively shoot a ruger m77 22-250, then i got an encore in .204, and a couple of weeks ago i bought a RRA 18" varmint. which i am afraid will be the only gun i ever want to grab from now on.

I just got back from Montana hunting-calling open country, mixed sage, trees, creek bottoms. I have determined the all time best calling - casual prarie dog rifle and scope.

I had a tough time, two times getting on moving yotes at less tha 100 yards with my 4.5X14 Leupold VXIII, I loved this scope at 400 yards on prarie dogs though. I found my 3.5X10 Leupold easier to get on moving target at close range and made one 400 yard prarie dog shot with it, lots of 200-300.
I found on prarie dogs the drop difference between the 22-250 and 223 to really be a factor, and flight time in light wind.
So here it is: A Tikka T3 light stainless, 22-250 wearing a 3.5X10 Leupold VXIII. Painted camo. oh yeah, shooting any good 55 grain at 3500 fps. or a little faster.
I wont give up my heavy barrel Tikkas or Tacticals, but I feel the above is the perfect calling set-up.
Carl

1) My main rifle is the Savage Model 12 BVSS in 22-250. Shoots better than I ever will, but it is starting to lose ground to my 6 mm TCU built on the Savage action with a 26" Standard barrel. Not near as fast as the 250, but just as accurate, and to me accuracy beats speed anyday. I am comfortable shooting yotes out to 300 yds and alittle farther if the angle is right.

2) My 6 mm TCU with a thumbhole laminated stock and a 4.5-14 Nikon Buckmaster scope.

3) Rolling hills to flat farm land.

My Rifle: Savage Model 10 Synthetic Finish .243 w/ Bushnell 3-9x40 power scope.

Dream Rifle: one that never misses dont matter what brand, color, or value

Location: Deep South Texas, some open land, some brush, and crop fields.

1. Savage Sporter in 25-20 open sights (been shooting this one for 35 yrs) or my Winny 9422M with NECG peep sight for the close in work. Bushy Varmint Special 24" SS with 6.5-20 VXIII when I have to reach out there and touch something.

2. Anxious to try out the Tikka T3 Light when they FINALLY release the LH models.

3.Deserts and mountains of AZ.

1. I use a Remington Model 700 ADL chambered in .25-06. The Remington action is nestled in a camo-painted Choate Ultimate Varmint stock. It is topped by a 6X18 Tasco Varmint scope held together with a Leupold mount/rings. It is currently shooting 85 gr. Nosler BTs and easily punches 1/2" groups at 100 yds. It is the sweetest shooter I've ever had and I really love the feel of the Choate stock.

2. Same as above.

3. Deserts of Utah/Nevada.

HR ULTRA VARMIT .223 BUSNELL 3X9-44
TC ENCORE SS 22-250 LEAPOLD 6X24-50 (I GOT IT THIS MORNING)
FRAM FEILDS IN INDIANA
OLD COAL MINES (SPILL PLIES)

Last edited:
1. Rem 700 .17 rem topped with a leupold 3x9 krylon camo uncustom paint job.
2. Remington model 700 titanium in .17 rem, oh and camo
3. Eastern Oregon

Interesting post

1.20" Bushy Predator, Leupold 4-12x50.
2. Letter to Santa: Custom Les Baer 6mm or 6.5 Grendel AR flattop 18" heavy fluted barrel with ciener detachable suppressor. ATN Gen 4 Nightvision scope on quick detachable larue mounts with Trijicon X4 ACOG co-witnessed with Wilson BUIS for daytime and assorted magpul and Surefire goodies for 2 legged varmints
3. Utah sage

Back