Coyote guns

WOW! I can't believe I have missed this opportunity to show off my TOOLS. Since I made it here is my baby.
RRA 20" A4 (Darn near the same as Jeff and Todds)
100_0006.jpg

I hunt in all kinds of terrain here in Illinois.

My dream gun, hummm. Off the top of my head it would be another RRA AR in a bigger caliber like a 243 or even the 22-250 if ever available

God Bless,

Song Dog

Last edited:
#1. Encore .223, heavy barrell, with a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9

#2 Steve Criners "Viper" (really don't know what I would pick, but Danny (LazyD) sure did build a nice one)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...ue#Post52333440

#3 Semi-brushy to open, however my idea of "open" is visiblity of 1/4 mile. He would have to go up & down and through a lot of draws even coming in a straight line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roooooooooster

Last edited:
Current:
Stevens #200; 223; w/cheap Simmons 3-9x50

Dream:
Either a Browning BAR 243, a RR similar to Pred. Pursuit's or a Bushmaster.
{Sorry, not familiar enough yet to know models. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif But y'all have started seriously steering me towards the "dark side".} /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terrain: Midwest {N.C.Ks.}
Mostly open, hilly pastures. Some brush, creeks & plum bushes mixed in them @ times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

1.remmy 700 in 223
2. my daughter needs braces this year i'm starting to worry about college a dream gun is a little tough to fathom at this point..maybe a 17 rem probably a 700 with a vx-111 1.75-6 to sit on top..there how's that about $1050-$1100 out the door scoped up !!
3. open sage country.

I have have kept it simple-- Savage VF 22-250 with a 4-12 scope-- this lets me reach out to 350-400 Yds and just bang-flops them. It is extremly accurate and carries enough knock-down power to make short work of them. Some complain of the weight but I think it helps stablize the long shots which are almost always off shooting sticks. Rifleman2

Recently I have been using my 16" barreled AR15 in 300 Fireball. I'm still working on getting 110gr and 125 gr loads dialed in but it has the makin's of a fine coyote getter. Short, lightweight, fast follow-up shots and 30 caliber holes. Setup with an IOR 4X scope.

Second choice at this time is my AR15 in 6X45, just another kick butt round with an Elcan 4X sight.

Dream gun....Not sure really. Very happy so far with my current supply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

1. My go to coyote rifle is a Remington 700 BDL in .243. I've restocked it with a factory satin finished CDL stock and topped it with a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 scope.
2. My dream rifle is a Dakota Arms custom in .243 Winchester, finely engraved, with a bit of gold inlay, and stocked with a beautiful hand checkered english walnut stock.
3. My hunting terain is open agrucultural land mixed with small woodlots and open drainage ditches and creek bottoms. I get shots from 20 yards to over 500.

Good hunting y'all.. Coyote 6974

I have a couple of shooting irons but my favorite this up coming season I think I will tote my Savage 12BVSS-S in .220 swift

P3130151.jpg

and when I give out toting the Savage I'll go to mt Remington 788 .243
Rem788.jpg

1. The one I carry the most this year(just got it this summer) will be my savage 12fvss in .22-250. It weights in at right around 10lbs with a a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20 scope.
IMG_0074.jpg

2. My dream rifle would have to be a mint condition Rem. 788 in .243(just like yours purdygood) or a Savage 99c in .243. Probably with a Burris 4.5-14 scope.
3. I hunt wide open spaces, CRP, and sage flats in Northeastern Colorado.

bullpup44,
Are those red satin sheets you sleep under? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
I have a Savage model 12FV as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1st : Remington 700 LVSF in 223 Remington. 22" stainless fluted 1:12 twist barrel, B&C fiberglass stock, Talley lightweight rings, Leupold VXII 3-9x40mm w/ LR duplex & Stoney Point elevation turret. About 7.5 lbs scoped I think. I shoot Nosler 55 gr Ballistic Tips over Benchmark powder, MV is 3240 fps. Kills well, but only three times last year (first 3 kills with 223 ever!)

2nd : something similar to what I have, but a blueprinted action, probably in 223 Ackley Impr, 1:9 twist barrel, fluted, with a fiberglass stock and a good 3-9x40 scope.

3rd : mainly open farm country, shots ranging from 100 yards to over 400+ if you're so inclined!

beagler-- it's actually a swade down comforter. My wife got it for a wedding pressent. I knew someone would say something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Current-A Rem. 700 BDL in .17 Rem. with a 3.5-10 X 40 Leupold

Dream gun(s)-Either a RRA Predator Pursuit in .20 Tactical or a Sako Grey Wolf in .223 Improved. Both with a 4.5-14 X 50 Leupold. Quite a difference in those two, huh?

Location-Louisiana, open agricultural fields, with small woodslots, ditches, and fallow fields. Shots out to 200 yards. I also make an annual trip to the western grasslands, habitat varies from wide open country to sagebrush prairie. Shots up to 300 yards.

Current is a ruger m77 in 22 hornet.

Dream gun is ordered and should arrive this week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
kimber 84m varmint in 204 ruger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Can't wait.

I hunt hills with woods.(pretty much all there is here)I will probably never shoot a coyote over 50 yards but just wanted to be able to do so.

(addendum to above .Dream gun came in and i am in love.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

butt.JPG

action.JPG

preliminary sight ins indicate a shooter
target.JPG

Remington 700 VSF 22-250
Bushnell 4200 4x16x50
Heavy for long walks but very accurate and effective.

I would like to have a Rem 700 with a #5 fluted Shilen select match barrel 22 inches long in 22-250 with a McMillen stock.

#1 Stevens 200 (Savage) in .223 with a Mueller 8.5-25X44 mildot and a rifle basix trigger. Shoots just about anything moa and does well under moa with some factory loads. It really likes 40 grain vmax in the hornady load, chrono'ed at 3700+ fps. Haven't tried handloads in it yet.

#2 I can't seem to find anything wrong with the Stevens to make me seriously consider replacing it, which is a pleasant surprise at the price, but I'm very impressed with the Sako's I've handled. If my wish could include making black guns legal to hunt with in Canada then I'd go with a Bushy Varminter.

#3 mostly open - hayfields and clear cuts.

Back