Oklahunt 2006 Info - Condensed

J. Holly

Welcome to the official thread of the Oklahoma Hunt for 2006.

WHEN:

December 7th (meet and greet, Q&A with State Officials), 8th, 9th, 10th (Banquet)

WHERE:

Happy Days Hotel
McAlester, OK.

COST:

$10 - this gets you 3 raffle tickets (Need not be present to win) You can register and not attend if you only want to have a chance at winning door prizes. Extra tickets can be purchased for $2 a piece.

All who attend this hunt, must be PM members or family members of PM Members. Please send Check or Money order only for now. PM me for the address to send it to. I am working on a credit card setup and it should be ready soon.

Registered Members:

Attending

J. Holly
Radd4
Crapshoot
04grizz
okhunter
Arkyyoter
TTebbe
Dogbusta243
Mike Harques
PG48
OKyotes
TulsaDogMan
220 Swift
DCMTEX
Nikonut
Jimmy Brison
leadlobber
Lance Brown
ilcoyote
Jim Holly
Rooster Feather
Bloodhounder
Ragncajn
Doghelmet
Coffee437
Caller-4-Hire

Not Attending

Jarrett Holly
Basshole
S. McAlary
Yellowhammer
NASA
M. Alexander

Door Prizes:

Open Reed Calls from Tommy Johnson:
Gaboon Ebony
Mesquite
Birdseye Maple
Mexican Cocobolo

From Okhunter:
2x Predator Obsession Videos
Whirling Woodpecker decoy
a whitetail decal

From Ragncajn:
3x COL Gauges

From Les Johnson:
2x PredatorQuest Videos

From Bowtech Archery:
3x Shirts and Hats
Decals

FoxPro:
FX3

Dave Swaim:

AllPredatorCalls:

Many numerous other prizes are to be donated. As soon as we get them, we will list them out.

HOTEL INFO:

Happy Days Hotel. $65 a night, no tax, for a double room. I have 15 rooms right now, and more will be finished by the fall if we need them. You must mention the "Oklahoma Predator Hunt" to receive the discount.

They can be reached at (918) 429-0910, remember the "Oklahoma Predator Hunt" and if you have any problems you can contact Angel at the Hotel or myself.

BANQUET INFO:

The banquet will take place at a restaurant in Krebs. This is less than 10 miles from the hotel. While not the prettiest, or costliest place in town, I think you will find that this place is like our members. Down to earth and just great. Plus, the menu has a little something for everyone.

We have a room squared away that will accomodate 50 folks easily. The place is called Roseanna's and it has some of the best food anywhere. We will be ordering from the menu and the food is served family style. I have room from 11:30 to 3:00 on Sunday the 10th of December.

We are in the works of getting a guest speaker that is absolutely great. If all goes as planned, with the seminars and the guest speaker, you should leave this hunt a better hunter and know how to do some basic skinning.

FAQS:

Who can attend?

Anyone can attend this hunt. There is no restriction upon residency, age, or creed. You don’t have to be a member of any organization, except PM, nor do you have to join anything to hunt. First timers are welcome at this hunt, as this is the first hunt here.

What is this hunt about?

This hunt would best be considered a “Social Gathering” at best. This hunt is to allow members of PM to meet face to face and share information, stories, and tips with each other. Ultimately, this could be labeled as a “meet and greet” with benefits. Our sport is gaining popularity, but most of us hunt alone or with the same people all of the time. This hunt will give the opportunity to network out with each other.

Where is this hunt to be held?

This is the first time that this hunt will be held. Through an online vote, it was decided to hold this hunt in McAlester, OK. This is due to the large amounts of public land in that area.

Why are we having this hunt?

This hunt is being held so that members of Predator Masters, an online hunting group, can meet and form closer bonds with each other. Also, this hunt is being held so that we can all enjoy the sport that we care about and share information and knowledge with each other.

What is the cost of this hunt?

The hunt itself is gonna cost you $10, but this includes 3 free raffle tickets. Other tickets can be purchased at the cost of $2 each.

Licenses - Non-residents can expect to pay $47.50 to hunt coyotes; $98.50 to hunt fox, bobcat, and coyotes. These prices are for a 5 day license. This does not include any applicable WMA fees.

Where can I get my licenses for hunting in Oklahoma.

Licenses are available at most sporting goods stores, Wal-Marts, Bass Pro, Sportsman’s Warehouse, and online from the ODWC at ODWC's Website.

Can I hunt alone?

Yes, but why would you want to? If you are truly a novice, PM me and I can arrange for a guide to help you out. The guides will not be familiar to the area, but will merely show you the ropes, and I can not promise that they will put fur in front of you. If you are alone, and don’t want to hunt alone, PM me and I can arrange for either a partner or maybe a pair of other hunters for you to hunt with.

What do I need to bring?

Obviously you will need to bring yourself, a gun, ammo, and money. Everything else can be bought locally. Imagine everything that you need to hunt in your local and then tailor it to our weather.

What can I expect to spend?

You should expect to spend about $10 on the hunt, $100 on your license, $100 on Hotel and then your food while you are down here.

What is the weather normally like?

Weather in Oklahoma is constantly changing. In December, you can expect sun, rain, sleet, snow, and sun all in the same day. I would imagine that the weather will be around 30 degrees for a low, with a high of 50 degrees and there will be a 20% chance of rain, for all three days.

Are there any local areas to camp or park an RV?

The Super 8 Motel is a stones throw away from the hotel that we will be staying at. The Super 8, they have full RV hook-ups for $24 a night for a pull thru, they are also a Good Sam campground.

Thanks Coffee for the proof reading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
hey hey hey....we won't have that kinda talk....by the way Lance, I used your credit card to order in 3 hookers and a keg of beer for the hunt...

Kegs and hookers, huh....looks like I'll have to tell the wife there will be three women giving a class on how to properly beer tan your coyote hides...good thing she's not going. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm coming, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Order me a pizza and at least one delivery girl... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This is my one and only shameless plug for door prizes:

Anyone that wants to send something in will get a huge "thank you"; a piece of mom's apple pie; and if you want to sell products, hang banners, advertise freely, and whatever else, it can be arranged, at no additional cost (just the donated items).

Please let me know what you wanna do, or just send me stuff to put on the tables.

Jeffrey Holly
5200 W 4th
Stillwater, Ok., 74074
(405) 334-2947

i am going to try to get there but with gas prices what they are and every extra dime I get going towards the two rifles i am building I just do not know yet. Guess we wilol just have to see. But There is always next year too.

I just want to give a thanks to Radd4 and Coffee427 for their work on this event. I want everyone to know that I am not the only one working on making this event happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Just glad I could help!!!!! Like I said if you (or anyone else) needs anything just let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jeff,
you know I would do anything for a guy who is willing to wear a kilt to raise money for my kids school. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

With that being said I appreciate everything you are doing for this hunt and raising money for disabled children BUT man you have to promise me there will absolutely not be any banana hammocks displayed at the hunt.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Rus

I will also be attending... Thanks for getting this together Jeff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Once the time gets a bit closer and I can be sure to get a few days off work I will know for sure if I can be there or not.
Thanks for putting it together.

Thanks Tommy for the calls, they are gorgeous. I will get a picture of them posted soon on this thread so that everyones mouth can water like mine did. I did think about send sending you a check for these and asking for more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Back