If you Could Only Hunt one animal!

Jeff Thomason

Ok Guys, If you could only hunt one animal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Deer, Elk, Coyote, Bear, Hog? I know it is gonna be tough, but give me just one animal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

i would have to go with Elk,it's what i live for every year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Coyotes it is all I think about all year long. I am sick of deer hunting in WI so I guess I would have to say Coyotes.

Kind of narrow selection, I guess I'd pick coyote. Not if I had to live off the meat though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great question Jeff,

That would be a toss up, deer season only lasts from October 1 till January 15,,coyote is year round,,well except for the 3 months you're supposed to leave them alone,,,so givin the total time you have to spend in the woods (which is what it's all about anyway) I would have to go with coyotes.

rattling in a 150 class whitetail, or calling in a coyote with a rabbit distress. I think i be going with the whitetail.

Any Mountain Lion, but preferably from Texas. Various African game would have to rank HIGH on the list, too. I still have this dream of one day calling in and harvesting all of the major N. American predators. Lion, bear (all varieties), wolf, coyote, all of the legal fox species, bobcat & lynx. Did I miss any? I'd love to have a game room with each of these mounted.

BTW...what's the Lotto Texas amount up to these days? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great topic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Take care and God Bless,

Rusty

It sure is exciting fooling a coyote, and a nice deer makes my knees tremble...but as for pure fun,the weather more wonderful,the company of good friends the best and the atmospher so easy going, I have to say chasing squirrels and watching them dive out of trees--eventually ending up in the cooler.

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else, thereafter.

By far it would be the Coyote for me. I get a rush hunting other stuff but not the rush I get when hunting coyotes.
YEAAAAA! FOR COYOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

God Bless,

Song Dog

I've given up all other species of animals and have focussed on coyotes for the past 10 years or so, minus the ocassional spring turkey. So, it's an easy decision for me.....COYOTES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I never have to choose ... IF I have to it would be four legged with hair I um ferget its name so I guess I would jsut have to hunt four legged with hair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Coyotes all the way, nothing else can fool you like they can. And everytime you go out you can and usually do learn something new. Especially coyotes that have been shot at (seasoned dogs) they are the masters and us the students sometimes!

Im not much of a deer hunter except when with my hunting buddy who know what they are doing, on the other hand coyotes are second nature.... i choose Wile Coyote

Back