Bobcat recipes?

On that pan recipe, do you debone that before eating? I tell you guys I am gonna get one, cook it up and bring it to the hunt here in Oklahoma and we will see what you think. I know one of you has got to know of a real bobcat recipe.

Richard, i have a recipe for you. the best i have had it was on the grill. take what you are cooking straps or legs and wrap them in tin foil it so it is water tight and so thet you can get it open from the top. get the grill going med heat slap it on there and fill the tin foil with water, cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours making sure that there is allways water in there and then take out of the foil and put it on the grill and add bbq sauce for the next 10-20 min. i also like to add some black salt. well let me know what you think
Clint

Thanks AZcowboy. I hope you know that you are going to try it this year on one of our hunts! If OKhunter can get one called in for us We will smoke it with something! I know I read where they used to stick it on coals and let it simmer all day, this is probably just like your recipe.

I just got a National Trappers Association cook book and it has 1 bobcat recipe and 2 lynx recipes. Lynx is so close to bobcat I can't believe it cooks any differently.

Bobcat Nuggets
Bobcat backstraps & Hindquarters
3 c flour
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp cayenne pepper
1/2tsp oregano
1/2tsp cimmamon

Take the meat from the backstrap and hindquarters; cut off all sinew. PLace in salt water for 2 days in the refrigerator. Remove and rince well. Cut into desired sixe pieces for eating. In a gallon Ziploc bag place flour and all seasonings. Add 2 handfuls of meat shaking well to insure pieces are well-coated. PLace in pre-heated cast iron skillet with oil and cook until golden brown on all sides. Enjoy!

Lynx Medallions
both back straps from one lynx
1c flour
1c sour cream or unflavored yogurt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup

Cut back straps cross-wise into 1/2" thick medallions. Dredge in flour. Brown in frying pan. Add sour cream and soup. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Serve oveer rice or noodles. Serves 4 (or 3, if they are big eaters).

Spicy Lynx Chili
2t cooking oil
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1lb lynx (bobcat or cougar) meat, cut into strips
4tsp chili powder
1t ground cumin
2tsp dried oregano
1tsp salt
2 chopped jalapeno peppers (Remove Seeds and robs)
1 1/2c canned crushed tomatoes with juice
2 1/2c canned chicken broth
1 can (15oz) drained and rinsed pinto beans
1 can drained and rinced black beans
1/2tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/3c chopped fresh cilantro
1 fresh lime, sliced

In large skillet, heat the oil over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until they start to soften (about 3 minutes). Increase heat to moderate and stir in the lynx meat strips. Cook until they are done through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Add the jalapenos, the tomatoes and juice and broth. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover the skillet and stir in beans and black pepper. Simmer until the chili is thickened, about 15 minutes longer. Serve topped with cilantro and lime slices. Wedges of cornbread served with this chili makes it even better!

Back