Most comfortable rifle sling

burris

I am in need of a very comfortable rifle sling for my very, very, heavy Rem. Sendero. The sling thats on it serves its purpose...from truck to box blind and back to truck. I will be doing walking/stalking next month for exoctis and need a sling that will give me more comfort. Whats your favorite sling and where can I pick one up? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

My fav is just a plain old 1" to 1 1/4" adjustable sling. For several hundred yeares soldiers have had slings on their rifles for carrying, but mine are for shooting so plain vanilla it is for me.

If your don't use your sling to shoot, maybe you could just incorporate a pad. Go to parts store and get one of those wrap around seat belt comfort pads.

My favorite sling is the original leather sling Remington used to include in the box with 700 BDL's.

Most comfortable is made by Quake Ind. "THE CLAW". I like it on my Senderos because it is not constantly sliding off my shoulder and it is wide enough that it doesn't cut into my shoulder.

JMHO YMMV
Clayman

The Claw by Quake Industries. Cabelas has them. I think Gander Mountain was selling them under the Winchester name. I picked one up for ~$10 on clearance. Closer to $20 at Cabelas.

Quote:
Whats your favorite sling and where can I pick one up?

Absolutely, withouth a doubt the Butler Creek Comfort Stretch sling is the best I've ever used. I use them for everything from AR's to muzzleloaders. Makes a heavy gun feel much lighter.
Butler Creek Comfort Stretch sling

Well my rifle weighs 14lbs and I use one of the neoprene slings and can carry it all day. I will look and see what brand it is when I get home.

The neoprene slings are comfortable but they take a bit of getting use to. I remember the first time I used one thinking it was very weird to feel the rifle sort of bounce along on your shoulder while moving from stand to stand. I don't have a favorite brand to share but I do like a tapered sling for comfort. The wider the sling over your shoulder the more it's going to spread the load.

Much the same way a skinny bino strap will feel like it's cutting into your neck vs. a thicker strap.

Blaze

Quote:
Vero Vellini - without a doubt...

-BCB

I also like them, and others that have a wide shoulder pad, but i've customized mine by putting a Fastex snap in them just like a backpack belt snap, such that it can be adjusted quickly and easily for carrying either tight to my body (for crawling), or over either shoulder. It can be unsnapped quickly without contorting and moving excessively, if i need to bring the gun to bear while prone after a stalk.

sleddogg,

Thats a great idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif...just everyone around here wont do any type of work that would require them to sweat for less than $8-10.00/perhr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Then they would want some type of perdiem and benefits, health care...ect. Yes, I am a business owner.

Just got back from Sportsmans Warehouse and bought the CLAW by Quke Industries ($19.99), sure feels like it will do the job right and this sling will not slide off my shoulder. I also looked at the neopreme slings but was not sure I could get use to the bouncing of the rifle on my shoulder. Thanks again for yall's input.

Back