RedField Scopes...Extinct?

Whiskers

My brother and dad have redfield scopes on their 243's and love them. My dad said the only way he is gunna buy another gun is if he can put a Redfield scope. IMO they are pretty much like leupold for clearness but more brute looking.

Is redfield still around?

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the original (Colorado?) Redfield got bought up by Tasco or some other company?

Whiskers: You ain't right dude, I am busting a gut at your latest animation - like the first, I wonder how long it will last.

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the original (Colorado?) Redfield got bought up by Tasco or some other company?

Whiskers: You ain't right dude, I am busting a gut at your latest animation - like the first, I wonder how long it will last.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
It should last, kids wont know what it means so it should be "Family appropriate". Cant argue that im right, im just a lil bit Loco! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the link. My dad will be glad. Do any of you guys use Redfield?

This is from the site, thought i would bring to your attention.
Quote:
Truezero™ Flex Erector system.
Innovative erector tube replaces
industry-standard spring design
eliminating point-of-aim shift.

Last edited:
They are owned now by Meade Instruments, the company that makes astronomical telescopes (they own Simmons and Weaver too).

I haven't shot one in years, but I used to have a Redfield 20X that was incredible. It stood up to some amazing abuse.

The original Redfield factory had a major underground hazmat problem. Don't know if that was what brought about the change in owners or?

They had some quality issues after they started getting outsourced, the price dropped along with the quality as has the variaty offered I think you can still get a few redfields though but in limited models not like they were fifteen or twenty years ago

I found some Redfield scopes from Natchezz shooters suply a while back. I actually bought two of them, 3-12x44. I think that they were the old Redfield Tracker series.
Meade has brought the Redfield scopes back for 2006. They are just a little pricy though.
I only buy Redfield and Burris.

Quote:
I found some Redfield scopes from Natchezz shooters suply a while back. I actually bought two of them, 3-12x44. I think that they were the old Redfield Tracker series.
Meade has brought the Redfield scopes back for 2006. They are just a little pricy though.
I only buy Redfield and Burris.

Ahhh yes, the good ol' Redfield Tracker - My very first scope. I had the 3-9X40 in the original Realtree pattern back when they only had the one pattern.

my old man and grandad both have redfields, both on remington 760's. The scopes have been on the guns since new, about 30 years ago, and havent missed a lick.

I have the new Illuminator, 50mm ob lense. I had the 56mm, from ten-twelve years ago, it was made wrong. It took me too long to figure out that it wasn't me, it was the scope. I found the rear tube area for the rear mount ring was 20 thousands too small. I never noticed it could move in the rings. I never thought to check, just figured when tight it was ready!T.20

I've been mounting Redfield scopes on my guns since the early 1960's.I own about 8 of them now.A couple of them I've owned since the 60's.IMO the older,made in Denver, Redfield scopes are the best deal out there.Very high quality and the best bang for your buck.I don't know about the newer Redfields made since the company changed hands.I've heard they have had some problems with them.
If you can find an older made in Denver Redfield I recommend that you grab it.I am confident that you will not regret it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

For the older style Redfields.
Shop 918-521-7736
Lisa 918-445-2286 It takes a little time on the turn around. I think it just husband/wife operation. I have no complaints.
There based in OK I believe. Dave

Back