Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
sound's great. starting to smooth out. predatormaster's is my home. 8 more day's and it's bear calling time with a fellow member and customcallmaker ninethinning. yahoo cougar's to maybe this is the year. Rick

Since I posted on this thread courtesy indicates I respond to your polite suggestion of locking the thread. Thanks for asking. It is fine with me to lock or not lock. As you wish. I was pleasantly surprised that this thread wasn't locked right away. It is certainly a dying topic.

I've been curious as to why PM sometimes locks a thread that is fizzling out, rather than let it run down to nothing like the rest of the 99% of threads. This isn't a complaint, just an curious observation about managing/editorial style. It does keep things from reviving.

Quote:
I've been curious as to why PM sometimes locks a thread that is fizzling out, rather than let it run down to nothing like the rest of the 99% of threads. This isn't a complaint, just an curious observation about managing/editorial style. It does keep things from reviving.

Okanagan

I think you hit on it in your last sentence. If nothing else, it keeps someone from bringing it back up weeks or months later. A thread dies a slow death and then someone comes alongs and stirs it up again either because they have some motive or simply because they came along after the fact and want to know what all the fuss was about.

A fair question, I think.

Heck no, not just yet--need to have a fair representative sampling first, before shutting it down.

I'd say, peg the count meter as far as it goes, or at least let it go to 1000 posts.

Seemingly, there's unlimited bandwidth, not to mention patience, for this sort of internet enterprise, this time of year.

LionHo

Okay - there's been a lot of different things said in the heat of this battle. Some will be remembered some will be forgotten, there deffinately has been some new scars left over all this, but for the betterment of all lets let this one die with a quick bullet. Many have had their say, I've gone to some lengths to make sure as many people have had their say as is reasonably possible. In the interest of moving on I am locking this thread down. Thank you all for your participation and relatively honest exchange of thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back