Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also say good for RR. I hope that people are not upset with KEE KEE, he is one of the mods that made sense to me and really had a handle on trying to help people that are new to the sport and ACTUALLY hunted both east and west and could clearly state the differences.

I have read RR's post as to what happened, I would like to say that I am shocked BUT I am not. I kinda new it was gonna happen and myself and another person have been talkin about it for a while through E-mail. Maybe they will post RR's thread for all to see, if not then there is a reason that they don't want you to see it. And it is not for the best interest to the site, it is to protect the wrong do'ers from being exposed!

Guys, EVERY summer that I have been on this board, these things have gotten progressively worse. Hence, the summer time blues type of posts. I want to stop time for just a second and hopefully, articulate what is in my head well enough that it will only take one post to do so. I would like for EVERYONE to read these words, and think about them.

1. This is not a "public" forum. It is a moderated forum which means that every post that is made is basically subject to approval from the moderators. Posts can be deleted if the mods so choose. While this is not often done, it doesn't change the fact that we have a designated structure here, and each forum has moderators. If you don't like the way that this is ran, hit the road. Take your ball and go home, build your own site and run it however you want. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, is forced to be here. I consider it a privilege to have been around as long as I have been here. I have ruffled some feathers in my time, and I was told to calm down a time or two. I chose to do so. Do I personally like some of the things that the mods do from time to time, NO!!!, but then again, I really don't like the way things happen at my work place either. I choose to remain here. MY CHOICE. I don't like some of the things that the government does, but I still love America.

2. This site has many, many members. These members make up this board and it is thanks to us, that this board exists. Do not forget this guys (members). WE keep this board running through donations. Now, what if the big bad machine wanted to recognize this and give something back to us? They did!!! They fed us at the PM Hunt, which was no small fee. They gave us a place to hang our hats instead of just our rooms. I want to thank PM for that. I don't want to see the bottom line, I don't want to know where the money goes, I don't care. What I want, is for the board to continue to operate, ((costs $)(After rereading this, I am amazed that there is much money left over after upgrades, hosting, design, etc.)), for the hunts to continue, (costs $), and hopefully to be completely self sufficient to allow the members to have more money and for PM to do nicer things for us. (costs $).

3. I want all to know that everything has 3 sides. (2 different views, and then the 100% facts) Now, I am not privy to any more information than the rest of the members. I don't know of any conspiracy. What I do know is that the mods communicate amoungst themselves, and that decisions are made by them on how to run the board based on their conversations. They don't consult me, nor should they. This is side 1.

I have read posts on other forums. I know some of the guys that made these posts. I don't know them well enough to decide how I feel about what was written by them. Needless to say though, they have their side, which is side 2.

Now for the facts.... So far, PM has been slanderized on other boards. There have been personal attacks against different members and moderators. Jim Champion left for his own reasons. Posts have been deleted on various topics. Certain members have been suspended.

I feel that you can twist and turn any of the above facts into anything that you want to, however, why would you? If this doesn't personally effect you, or if you don't have a dog in the hunt, WHAT ARE YOU GRIPING FOR????? I can not tell you how many times that something is said or done here and I don't know about it for months or years until it comes to light. Does it effect me, obviously not. Now let me have you honestly answer these questions within yourself.

a. Why are you here? If it is for anything other than having fun, getting information or being social, GET OUT!!!

b. Is anything that has been done by PM currently effecting you personally? If so, speak up. PM me, change my mind.

I am not saying that we should lay down and worship the mods. I don't, nor have I ever considered myself a whipping boy for the mods. I don't like what I have seen by certain members here and I feel that I need to speak my mind on this topic. Notice I have not taken a side here. I am not alluding that PM is right or wrong. I am merely saying that certain things occured and I am not sure that anybody has all of the facts. I think that anyone who has taken a side on this issue, should reanalyze their position, and think about why they did take the side that they did. As far as the members go, stay out of it if it doesn't effect you personally. I hope that my words have accurately conveyed what I wanted to say. Now, Weasel, give me that darn bunny.

No one is up set with me that I know of. I desided to retire on my own. It was time.

Lots going on in my life now! And new things around every corner! I will be posting and still be around most of the time, unless I am gone hunting!...lol

Brent

Kee, much to our loss, has decided for his own reasons to no longer moderate a forum here. He is still a member & stated that he will be an active one. He stated that he has no hard feelings to anyone & I know that none of us do towards him.

Feel free to ask him about it, I'm sure he will anwer your questions.

Well, I've been coming here since the "Shade Tree". Some of you have been here even longer. I don't post so much any more, because EVERY subject that comes up seems to go into a big fat circle. There are members here, (Mods included), that are ALL TO QUICK to jump onto almost any subject and try to make corrections, explain why the poster is wrong, and then debate with the other guys who are attempting to do the same exact thing. At times, it's like a bunch of kids trying to "prove who's right". I get SICK and TIRED of the SAME OLD STUFF, over and over again.

HOWEVER....

I have read the TOS agreement, and have elected to stick to them, and will continue to do so.

I just hope that the "folks in question", drop this silly SH*T and get on with more important things.

If the MODS want to suspend someone...so be it.

And for the folks who think "They deserve to know what's going on"....GIMME A BREAK!!!

And for the MODS who tend to be a bit on the heavy handed side, it is your responsibility to resolve the issues with as little conflict as possible. Life can be quite hard when one chooses to live by the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law. If the situations cannot be resolved to both parties likings, then the member AND the MOD have a choice to make, and both side's should be willing to accept the decision made. If a guy decides to leave, that is his/her right. If the Moderators agree that the person is just to thick skulled, and won't shape up, then BOOT 'EM!

I just wish we could get back to what the board was designed for. If you wanna pick a fight or argue, GO TO THE BAR!

I've probably said more than enough here, and will probably catch the devil for it, but it's just my 2 cents.

If ANYONE here thinks they're more important than somone else, just try ordering someone else's dog around...

Good to see your still going to post KeeKee, lots of luck in your future ventures. I couldn't agree with you more Jeff Mock! BOBTAILS.

Last edited:
amen Jeff. we all talk a little smack now and then and we get over it. i come here on my own free will because i think we have a bunch of great guys and i can learn something or possibly help somebody. advise is cheap.

Well I haven't posted in quite some time because of too many things to do, not much to say, and like Jeff, tired of the SOS.

Rant On!!!!

Personally, I hope this does become a "cash cow" for anybody that it can because these guys have put an awful lot of blood sweat and tears into it and they sure as hell deserve to get a little back.

For those of you that think you "DESERVE" answers to certain questions that you have about who did what to who and why did he leave or get booted or whatever, get over yourself. You deserve squat!!!!!! You pay nothing to be here and contribute nothing to making sure that this site will be here for anybody else in the future. You people just saddle up to your damned computer screens and expect crap to come up when you type in predator masters. I got news for you, it is a damn miracle that this place is still around, and whatever the boys upstairs have to do to keep it "on the air" is fine with me.

Rant Off

Quote:
Now, Weasel, give me that darn bunny.

I KNEW IT!!! YOU'RE A !@#$%^&^%$# BUNNY HUGGER!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Seriously Jeff, good post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I've also had a couple of posts deleted by mods. They then sent me PMs with an explanation, so I guess that would constitute "warnings" too.

In the first case it was about baiting and I think it was RR who pulled it. He explained (nicely) that the post wasn't appropriate for that thread. I have since posted essentially the same story in other (ADC oriented) threads without complaint.

Recently RedFrog pulled a joke from the humor forum. I disagreed with his assessment of it but agreed not to post any more jokes of that type.

My point is that we have to play by the rules here as determined by the mods. It's not perfect (what is), but if you want to play the game you have to follow the mod's interpretation of the rules. If you don't like the rules or the way the mods enforce them, you are free to go somewhere else.

I used to play baseball (badly). I can't count the number of times I've disagreed with a ref's call, but I never left a game because of a bad call, and in the end, I always appreciated the fact that there were refs.

I sometimes disagree with the mods, and have even been "rubbed the wrong way" once or twice, but I appreciate the unpaid job they do even when I disagree with them.

I too am curious about the "behind the scenes" stuff, but unless someone chooses to tell me about it I figure it's really none of my business.

I'm not going anywhere.

Well I will chime in, as everyone else has! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would like to know what happened as well, but thats just my curiosity, nothing less, nothing more. I do think that there are guys who have had a free reign, and others who have not, but I dont get to read every post like the mod's do, so I can not disagree with who gets suspended and who doesnt. I do know that there are plenty of folks here that would gladly give up their time to be a mod, and I think they would do a damn good job of it. Unfortunately after the elections they were not chosen and thus let some of their opinions fly that maybe should have been kept to themselves. I for one would love to help to keep this thing afloat, but I have such limited knowledge compared to most of you guys that it would only make the situation worse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I will say this, we all have a right to post what ever we want, and the mod's have the right to delete or whatever else they feel they need to do. It is part of the T.O.S. and if you dont like it, you can leave if you want, or stay and abide by the rules. BUT, just because you have been here however long doesnt mean you should get preferntial treatment instead of anyone else, if the board is to be here for much longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Went over to one of the other boards to see what the former members were saying, other than encouraging others to abandon ship and come over there with them. One post said essentially that "All those who know anything about predator hunting were now gone from PM!" The sad thing is, I guess they really beleive that their little group had all the knowledge and the rest of the members are a bunch of dullards who don't know a coyote call from a duck call. I don't post often, but I read every day, and I have read enought to understand why the actions were taken, and I for one am glad the moderators stood firm. And I think that some of the people demanding answers are just intent on stirring the pot, rather than honestly seeking information.
I plan on hanging around.
OC

Quote:
Went over to one of the other boards to see what the former members were saying, other than encouraging others to abandon ship and come over there with them. One post said essentially that "All those who know anything about predator hunting were now gone from PM!" The sad thing is, I guess they really beleive that their little group had all the knowledge and the rest of the members are a bunch of dullards who don't know a coyote call from a duck call. I don't post often, but I read every day, and I have read enought to understand why the actions were taken, and I for one am glad the moderators stood firm. And I think that some of the people demanding answers are just intent on stirring the pot, rather than honestly seeking information.
OC

If your refering to me, most likely you are, I started this mess of a post, I am not just trying to stir the pot. I am honestly seeking information as you put it. I dont plan on going anywhere either (The thought has crossed my mind). I was just trying to get PM side of all this. I have read alot of "stuff" over all of this and just wanted to know PM stand. I wanted to know what the people who moderate the board I frequent are all about. If many of the things that I am reading are true I dont know if I want to associate with that crowd.(thus the thought in my head mentioned above)Again, I don't want to go anywhere, I like it here, just looking for some info. And sure maybe I dont "deserve" to know. Doesn't change the fact that I want too.

And for those posting all the; it is your own free will to be here, if you dont like it, you can leave.

I KNOW THAT, AS I AM SURE SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Are you you trying to convience yourself of that or what. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

To Jeff, you hit the bullseye,
Quote:

I just hope that the "folks in question", drop this silly SH*T and get on with more important things.

And for the folks who think "They deserve to know what's going on"....GIMME A BREAK!!!

If what happens behind the scenes of this board is all you have to worry about in life, you need to do one of two things or maybe both, I have to think of a word that rhymes here, OK, you need to go and get "payed" or get a life. Personally I think alot of these threads are amusing and of little value when it comes to hunting or trapping. Yet there are people who are very knowledgable who give out what they know without looking down their nose at the rest of us, to those I thank you. There are others that think they are the Lord Almighty of coyote hunting and we are only mere mortals that know nothing. So what, who cares. take what you can and leave the rest. Alot of what is written about coyote hunting/trapping in the lower 48 does not always apply here, but what I learn here at times , if I think it might work I will try it. But again if your so wrapped up about what happens here, you need to get out and hunt more. Jeff and nmleon, good posts. Now whoever has Weasels bunny pass it over here.

I have to agree with Jeff,J Holly,and the others who said the same as them in their posts. The mods do a great job,I have visited a few of these other sites,and non compare to this one,in any way shape or form.
As far as knowing what goes on in every situation,I don't think that is necessary for the rank and file. I guess if people don't like the way things are done here, they don't have to be a part of it. Thanks again to all who visit and share information here. dogcaller

Quote:
OC

But we all need to keep in mind. Whether some of us has joined other forums or have been members of other forums already dont mean anything. Even though there has been talk on other forums dont mean all of the people abandoned PM. I am a mod of another good forum and there hasnt been mention once of all this so far. So i just ask that people dont look down on others if they see other people visiting in other forums. PM is the HOME of many predator hunters come and gone including me and im still here. And some of us have friends elswhere also. Im not saying your looking down on folks,Charlie i just wanted to throw that in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I agree Steve, I am a member of other forums also. I just happen to make PM my home. It tends to have the largest arms to embrace my considerable girth.

Quote:
If ANYONE here thinks they're more important than somone else, just try ordering someone else's dog around...

I like that saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back