Members leaving, deleted posts, locked down posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney15

OK Redfrog is this a better forum for ya. Seems you lock everything down in the predator hunting section, which I can understand, it wasn't about predator hunting. But I beleive this is the appropriate forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What has everyone in such an uproar. People leaving the board saying they are not good enough for it. Something happened that I missed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifSeveral other saw it before the posts were deleted by the mods. Then any subsequent posts about it were locked down because they were in the wrong spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif SOOOO, why not just move them to the appropriate forum rather than locking them down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Just seems someone is trying to hide something here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Okay - There is a lot of rumor and quite a number of accusations flying around right now about Predator Masters. Some of what is being said is true, some of it is partially true, some of it is rumor and some of it is not true at all. Right now we don't know exactly what to do or how to accurately handle the situation. One thing is most certainly true, people are hearing only one side of the story. We are not running from it, we tried to take the higher road and keep most of it off the boards, but we are being forced into a situation we need to handle it correctly the first time because we aren't going to get a second shot at answering your questions.

One thing is most certainly true. There are people trying to ruin Predator Masters right now and it is very painful to watch. From my point of view the actions we are being most vilified for are being spun in a completely differently from the way I perceive them to be. Where we have tried to prevent commercialization, we are being accused of commercialization. Where we are trying to look after the interests of the membership we are being accused of looking after our own interests. Right now I’d like to be eloquent and positive, but I am failing horribly. …………….. Just try to remember one thing, there is much more to the story other than what you are reading on the other boards.

i joined this fourm,because of the good stuff i was seeing,i like the fourm and don't want to see it torn apart.SO letsdo things right,and all get along.there is to much of this in the world today as it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gifhmmm, well I don't know what the fuss is all about I've tried to be on at least once a day checkin things out and I really have'nt saw anything in my opinion that would cause anyone to leave .. my opinion is if you get mad at your computer or what you read on it your spending way to much time not doing anything productive.. I am a member here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif and I'm dang proud of it this forum rocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif as far as I'm concerned and the majority of the people on here will help anyone out if asked a direct question ... The way I see it if you have a problem take it to the "hidden" pm and resovle it or shut the puter off a few days and regroup your thoughts ...

I don't intend to ruffle anyones feathers with this post if I have I apoligize in advance or you can "PM" me and let me know

thanks

Bowjunkie

So why not let there be a disscussion on the board here so all sides can be heard. Instead the threads just keep getting locked down if the mods dont like where it is going. Get the skeletans out of the closet and get on with it. I for one would really like to know what is going one. I don't know the whole story but I am starting to see different views of it.

Why did River Runner leave??

Why were other such as Cal and Rich banned or rights to post removed?

Is predator masters just becoming a cash cow for Redfrog, Bryon South and others???

Why not just answer these questions truthfully?? You say we are only seeing one side of the story. Heck I am not even seeing one side. I am seeing bits and peices. SO give us the answers and get "your side of the story out" I don't want banned or my privledges pulled (which should not be for this or any of my posts, I am just asking questions, trying to figure out what is happening to this site. I love coming here to share my stories and read others but if the sole purpose of this site is as someones cash cow then I may want to rethink that. Part of what I like about this site is it was supposedly not to make money but to be a place for hunters to converse. Or has it always been a cash cow clear back to the days of Will.

So, answer the questions, dont delete of shut down this thread or bann me. This is your chance to see the record straight. Answer my questions.

Michael, I know the rumors and crap aint being spread every where,so this aint infected every board out there. I dont know the whole story but i can assure you that i am staying at PM no matter what. I like it and like the people on the boards even the ones that have shown negativity against me. I hold no grudges and i hope winter will be here soon. I really hope people including yourself stay confident and positive and hang on. Winter is almost here. Just a bad time that will end soon hopefully. This is a great forum full of great people and i hope no one leaves.

Quote:

Why did River Runner leave?? He chose to.

Why were other such as Cal and Rich banned or rights to post removed? They were not banned, they were suspended for 30 days.

Is predator masters just becoming a cash cow for Redfrog, Bryon South and others??? No.

Quote:
Michael, I dont know the whole story but i can assure you that i am staying at PM no matter what. I like it and like the people on the boards even the ones that have shown negativity against me. I hold no grudges and i hope winter will be here soon. I really hope people including yourself stay confident and positive and hang on. Winter is almost here. Just a bad time that will end soon hopefully. This is a great forum full of great people and i hope no one leaves.

I couldn't agree more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I guess I am totally in the dark on this one also.

I know that no matter what there seems to be ISSUES with these types of talk forums on the net (not just this forum either).

I for one happen to really like this site. No I don't post all that often, but I do come here at least once a day to see what I can learn. I have learned a wealth of information over the years on Predator Masters, and only hope that in a small way I have helped others from time to time as well.

As a moderator on a different forum I can only say that the moderators do indeed have a job to do. No one said it would be an easy job or one that would win any popularity contests, but a job that needs to be done none the less. Until some of the na sayers step into the moderators shoes then they have no idea what is involved in the task at hand.

I too hope this does not get locked out or I do not get banned from Predator Masters as I really do enjoy the site.

Larry

Quote:
Quote:

Why did River Runner leave?? He chose to.

Why did he choose to, there must be a reason!!

Why were other such as Cal and Rich banned or rights to post removed? They were not banned, they were suspended for 30 days.

Why were they suspended?????????

Is predator masters just becoming a cash cow for Redfrog, Bryon South and others??? No.

Are you sure??????

Why he chose to leave was for his reasons. He did not have to.

Why they were suspended was due to their behavior in certain threads over a period of time. It's not like we just get up & say "Hey, how's about we suspend a few members today?", yanno?

Yes, I'm sure.

Guys - I am not running, I need to get to work right now. I'm sure your questions will be answered. Please try not to scream to loudly or expect an instant reply to all you want to know. I'm sorry but most of us really do need to work today.

Not a problem Michael. I am working night shifts so I have all day.

Stu you would make one heck of a politician. Answer the questions without really answering the questions.

River Runner left for some reason. Reasons he tried to explain in a post. A post that was deleted by the mods. Something fishy is going on here. Otherwise the post wouldn't have been deleted. Why cant he tell us why?????????

Ok Stu go ahead and dance around that one too.
Would one of the mods or admin like to answer my questions with a truthful straigt forward answer?????

Not everything that goes on is everyone else's business. You ever have an employee leave some company you do business with? Go ask the management why & tell me how far you get.

What transpires here in running this board is the business of the staff who run it & the people directly involved. No one else's. Just because you want to know doesn't mean you're going to. I could tell you as much as I care to about Jim's decision but I won't. Why? For one thing, it's none of your business. For another, Jim isn't here. Again, by his choice. But he's not here, so I don't think it's any of my business to discuss details about his business with strangers.

Same thing for people who are suspended. They're not here. They were told what & why. They need to know, you do not.

I gave you straight, honest answers to your basic questions.
Sorry if this doesn't make you happy, but we don't always get what we want.

Quote:
if the sole purpose of this site is as someones cash cow then I may want to rethink that. Part of what I like about this site is it was supposedly not to make money but to be a place for hunters to converse. Or has it always been a cash cow clear back to the days of Will.

Stoney- no moderators are paid for their time or what they do. That includes Bryon and Redfrog.

If you want to see why the ones you mentioned were suspended, go back and look at threads such as the "lamb killer" and "ADC" threads and see how they treated a lot of the other members. There were other things that were not said on the open board as well.

We try not to air our dirty laundry. If you or any other member ever messes up and gets a pm to "tone it down", and you go postal about it, what you said in "private" will not be broadcast over the internet. That is just the way we do business. Likewise, if you are suspended for some reason, we are not going to make a public announcement to tell everyone that you were reprimanded and what it was for. Would you prefer that this be the case?

Therefore, some of your questions cannot be answered as you seem to want them to be.

I think RR stated very plainly in his "fairwell" post that he was not forced to leave or anything like that, but was leaving over a difference of opinion and phylosiphy in how things should operate.

Quote:
Not everything that goes on is everyone else's business. You ever have an employee leave some company you do business with? Go ask the management why & tell me how far you get.

What transpires here in running this board is the business of the staff who run it & the people directly involved. No one else's. Just because you want to know doesn't mean you're going to. I could tell you as much as I care to about Jim's decision but I won't. Why? For one thing, it's none of your business. For another, Jim isn't here. Again, by his choice. But he's not here, so I don't think it's any of my business to discuss details about his business with strangers.

Same thing for people who are suspended. They're not here. They were told what & why. They need to know, you do not.

I gave you straight, honest answers to your basic questions.
Sorry if this doesn't make you happy, but we don't always get what we want.

I do.

Thats a great attitude STU. This is a public forum and it is my opinion that it is the GENERAl membership that make this place what it is. Not you or the mods. I think the general membership deserves to know what is going on. As you say this is not a business (not someones cash cow) so your anology of not telling how a business runs doesnt correlate. Why is is being hide from us, the general membership?? Why were all those post deleted??? It looks really bad and if there is really nothing to hide why is it being hide.

For what it is worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.....I agree with bowjunkie and stevecriner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif........I think the mods are doing a great job, keep it up guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif...........PM seems to have higher standards than elsewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.........I don't agree with some on various issues, but so what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif..........others opinions are just as important as mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.......... you can't make everyone happy, so don't try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif..........this is a great site with some great guys and I enjoy participating in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...........Redfrog, MJM, Byron, Yellowhammer, Stu and the rest of the mods, keep doing what you are doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I for one appreciate it very much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif.

Quote:
Quote:

We try not to air our dirty laundry.

So there is some "dirty laundry" here. I thought so!!!

If you or any other member ever messes up and gets a pm to "tone it down", and you go postal about it, what you said in "private" will not be broadcast over the internet. That is just the way we do business. Likewise, if you are suspended for some reason, we are not going to make a public announcement to tell everyone that you were reprimanded and what it was for. Would you prefer that this be the case?

I wouldnt mind a bit.

Therefore, some of your questions cannot be answered as you seem to want them to be.

I think RR stated very plainly in his "fairwell" post that he was not forced to leave or anything like that, but was leaving over a difference of opinion and phylosiphy in how things should operate.

Then why were all of his original posts deleted??

Quote:
For what it is worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.....I agree with bowjunkie and stevecriner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif........I think the mods are doing a great job, keep it up guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif...........PM seems to have higher standards than elsewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.........I don't agree with some on various issues, but so what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif..........others opinions are just as important as mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.......... you can't make everyone happy, so don't try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif..........this is a great site with some great guys and I enjoy participating in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...........Redfrog, MJM, Byron, Yellowhammer, Stu and the rest of the mods, keep doing what you are doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I for one appreciate it very much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif.

I don't argue that. I never once said someone wasn't doing a good job. I love coming to this site also. I log on almost everyday and see whats happening. I have made some pretty good friends threw this site. I dont want that to change. I am just wanting to know what is going on. Have a few questions answered. I don't think that is too much to ask. I have got several PM of others who are wondering the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back