which gun is better for 250 yard shots

Without question the .22-250 is the superior caliber for the range you are looking to be shooting.It is a very flat shooting caliber with alot of punch.The .222 is great for 100 to 175 yards but for much past that go with guns such as the .22-250,.220 swift,.243,or 6mm.Not to mention the ackley improved calibers too.Hope that helps.GOOD HUNTING

Hi Chris,

The .222 is capable is these distances, I have killed woodchucks even further.

But my choice for that range would be the 22-250 by all means, especially for coyotes and such.

Good Luck,
Vinny

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Aahhhhhh! The 222. It is my favorite caliber and the one I carry most often for fox through lions. Like VCinRI said, it is very capable of the 225 yard range, but you better have a heavy bullet,55gr, or bigger, at those ranges to nock down a coyote out there. Most of my shots are well under those distances, so it does the job 80% of the time. When I am working only coyotes for control work, I'll take my 243 Win. or a 25-06. Both are capable of down and dead coyotes at 400 yards ifneed be. I dont care what the hide looks like then. OOOOOOPPS! I forgot, I'm not supposed to shoot coyotes in the spring like that cause the so-called season is closed then!
For what it's worth,
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

Back