Box Trap ???

tooltime

My son's would like to make and sell some box traps.
The traps would be made out of 1x2 welded wire and they would be 5"high 6" wide and 24" long. My question is the price to sell them at. They are looking at $4.50 each thats $54 a dozen is this to much??? Please let me know what you think or what you have seen them sell for.

John

Are you talking about colony traps for muskrats? if so at that price you will be selling a lot of them. Sullivan sells collaspible colony traps for $8.95 each. are you going to be attending the OSTA Convention at Wapak in sept? if so I'll take a dozen at the $55 price. Jeff Erwin

Jeff
Yes we are talking about muskrat traps. They will not be collaspible like Sullivans. How much does it cost to set up at the convention???

John

I am not sure what's the set up fee is for tailgaters. go to Ohiostatetrapper.org and use the contact button, and ask them. depending on how many you are selling if you take orders and just sell them to the people that order them you shouldn't need to set up. I know a lot of trades and sells go on behind the scenes. but if you would feel better, just ask then at the OSTA site they should let you know, also let them know that Woody sent ya or you could say Jeff Erwin.

Jeff
I e-mailed the OSTA it's $20 to tailgate.
The boy's started cutting wire last night they cut out 4 doz. trap the first night.

John

FOR SALE
The boys have 7 doz. box traps done.
The prices are $5.00 ea
$28.00 1/2doz.
$54.00 1doz.
$50.00 a dozen over 2 dozen

Tooltime

Back