Holland Competition lug

coleridge

Will a Holland Competition lug fit in the aluminum bedding block from a Remington VS (HS Precision) stock, or will it need to be opened up?

Thanks!

I believe the Holland is thicker than a factory lug.

But there might be room in the lug recess also.
If you are putting in a aftermarket lug you can open the recess and skim bed it.

The holland and most any other aftermarket lugs will be thicker (much more so) than the tiny factory lug. The shoulder of your barrel can be cut to make the difference and the headspace should be the same as previous.

The slot in the stock should be more than enough to handle the new lug, as the space in front of the lug is usually generous.

Thanks guys. I'm not worried about the headspace/barell ect. I'm having all the metalwork done. I was going to stock it myself & was just planning my attack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

Thanks again!

I've got a couple of these lugs, I think they are nice, my picky picky gunsmith hates'em, mostly because He can't make one for me when I've already got one. I like the thickness and the side taper, if you can get your smith to install the pin you will be ahead in the future. If you are doin ght stock work yourself, you will most likely be bedding the action area so openning up the recoil lug area will be no big deal. Be aware that the top of the lug or the portion that the barrel goes through is wider and just plain bigger that the stock unit. You'll need to open up the area just ahead of the action as well. This is no big deal rally.

Back