Third times a charm

VaPredHunter

You may have read some of my posts about the duck killer at my neighbor pond first night I just called him in to see if I could kick him ha ha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Second trip I had a shot and my brother was there to hold light didn't have bullet in the chamber and missed my chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Tonight took my son over to shoot at the groundhogs as we sat on the four wheeler scanning the field next to my fox stand I put up for the last night calling trip the fox just walked out stopped in the middle of the field looked the pond over and of course I didn't have a bullet in the chamber again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif(Safty First I don't put a shell in chamber until I stop the four wheeler then forget until you see something to shoot) but I was faster this time and it wasn't dark he looked at us and started walking through the weeds heading for the woods.
My son with fox he looks so thrilled don't he
DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

Predator Stand two man ladder stand works good for night hunting. light man and shooter

DSCN0548.jpg

Ok guys note the scare fox car instead of scare crow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif hahaha Fred parked it down there to scare the fox and coyotes I think it just a place for the fox to hide when stalking ducks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. He was scanning the pond just behind the boats and to the left of the car thats also were the fox stand is. The trees the boats are tied too are just behind my son in the picture with him
DSCN0545.jpg

It was a male fox so it shouldn't have pups anywhere to worry about

Good story and pics. Thanks for sharing. I like your safety first approach. Good example for your son, though he does need to work on his 'successful hunt grin'.

Way to go.

If you plan on using that tree stand in the future, I'd suggest building a light turret that you can bolt on. Then you can night call as a one man operation, if needed.

P.S. Beautiful piece of ground.

Thanks for sharing...Tony

Back