is it worth going?

ISU

We just got some snow here in Iowa a couple days ago, and I've been itching to get out and do some calling. The last two days the wind has been about 30-35 mph, so I didn't even bother going. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be between 15 and 25 mph. I'm about ready to die sitting here in the house, so I was wondering if you can call in these conditions. Also, is it possible to call with the wind if I have about 3 or 400 yards of open field in front of me? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Corey

I have been having the same problems with the wind. I won't go out if the wind is blowing over 20 mph, because I usually won't have much luck. Sometimes I do call down wind if it is open for at least 400 yards. Sometimes doing this you can pick them off before they wind you, but you will probably educate some dogs to.

I would like to agree with Crossfox. When the wind is blowing much more than 20mph, it does get pretty tough to call. I am from N.D. and we get lots of wind to. Sure bites when you have time and its to windy to call.

coyotestalker

i'm in northwestern illinois. just a light skiff of snow on the ground overnight. winds 25 mph +. i've only got 2 more days til it's back to the 7 days a week grind so i got out this afternoon and walked the low ground. it aint' the same as calling but it beats the daylights out of my inlaws christmas party.
oh yeah, results?; 1 coyote, i cat(housecat)

ISU,

I have tried calling in this dang Iowa wind before. No luck ever. Cant give an educated reason as to why, I would think the call would carry better. I have learned to sit it out and wait for a better day. I was going to go Fri. until the wind ruined it. Sorry for the bad news, I guess you could try it, maybe you will have some luck.

The best days are still ahead!!!!!

Boat

------------------
Nothing worse than a coyote friendly gun!!!

Back