Colt R6601 Blue Label ????

Budmandan

I met a guy that has a Colt R6601 Blue label AR-15 he might want to sell. It's unfired, 20" bbl, 1-7 twist, chrome lined bbl. Made in 1992

Can anyone tell me anything more about this particular model? I don't know much about AR-15s.

What would a reasonable price be on something like this?

I'm not a collector but, if I spend a couple hundred bucks more on a firearm that will retain it's value that doesn't bother me.

Thanks Budmandan

The 6601 that you are referring to is a pre-ban Colt Match HBAR. It might/might not have a sear block and/or bayonet lug. It will have an A2 upper, which means it has a carry handle and factory iron sights. Also, a factory A2 buttstock and flash supressor. It should be Colt Gray in color, not black.
I purchased the exact same model in the early '90s. I still have it with its two five round mags, cleaning kit and blue label box. It's my favorite AR, hands down. As far as current value, you might want to check Gunbroker, GunsAmerica or Auction Arms as well as AR15.com. MI VHNTR

I have the same rifle I have made into a flattop with low profile gas block.

"HBAR" means heavy barrel

"Sear block" is a block that Colt installed in the rear of the lower receiver preventing you from being able to drill the receiver and installing an auto sear. An auto sear will trip the hammer when the bolt goes into battery on a full auto weapon.

And much to my shagrin it prevents you from installing a complete drop-in match trigger assembly also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

HBAR means heavy barrel. Sear block is the area around the selector that may be milled out or solid. My 6601 Blue Box rifles had 20 rd mags and bay lugs. Before the ban lifted they were selling for 15 to 1800 bucks. Now, not worth more than any of the others except now unless the Democrats get back in power and re-instate the ban.

Quote:

And much to my shagrin it prevents you from installing a complete drop-in match trigger assembly also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

My 6601 HAD the sear block in it when I bought it, but, strangely enough, it "fell out" of my rifle one day. It left a lot of room for match triggers too./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif MI VHNTR

I just gave it a gentle massage with a Dremel tool and the block came out in pieces. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif MI VHNTR

Back