Results of Goldendale calling event.....

Curt Barrett

For those that care, here is what happened. Well the local boys got whupped. The weather was pretty good for calling but very windy in the open areas. One team that consisted of David aka "Whirlwind" and Jim, his father in-law, really kicked butt. We ain't in TX or AZ so truckloads of coyotes don't happen here. If you get a couple, you are a real stud. It was so windy that the other teams were not having much luck. Several sightings and busted stands but not much for kills. David and Jim made the very wise decision to call the trees. They came back at the end of the day to meet the rest of us with our empty pickups. When they had left in the morning they mentioned how they did not know the area and thought they probably would come home empty handed. As it turned out, not only did they get two coyotes in the first 30 mins on two differnt stands, they also got a very nice, large bobcat! The nerve of those guys!
biggrin.gif
These are two great fellas. Sure glad I had the pleasure of meeting them. There were no prizes so I told them the next time I sat down to make some antler calls I would make them each one. Let's see, now I have make one for Todd, Lonny, David and Jim. Dang if I'm not already backed up! LOL
smile.gif

Congrats to Dave and Jim! I have some pics of the boys and their critters that I will post when I get the film developed. Well I better get this skunk smell off me. Ha Ha

Later, Curt

Well We had a great time and met some great people. My 70 year old Father In-law and I just started calling this last spring and so every day we see an animal is a great day! Jiggs (father In-law) Was like a kid that just discovered candy all day over the Bobcat. Still can't belive it came into use at 11 feet! Thanks for bearing with him guys. I can't wait for next chance for all of us to get together. Thanks for the calls curt!

You guys did an excellent job , hats off to you .You used your heads , and found the right spot , for sure . i envy you on that Bobcat . Again , great job of calling , and shooting . Yeeee Hawwww. a Bobcat

Hi David. I considered it a real honor to meet Jiggs. I really like talking to people with lots of life experience to share. He was like a kid on X-Mas wasn't he. I'm so happy for him. I really would have felt bad if you guys came all this way and didn't get anything. I have been calling a few times this month with no luck. With hunting season just wrapping up I didn't have a good feeling about success. Seeing your father in-law that tickled, made my year. Even funner than if I would would have got those critters myself. Well, real close anyhow...LOL
biggrin.gif
I had no idea he was 70. That bobcat shaved about 40 years off his energy level. He struck me as quite a bit younger. I want to thank you guys for coming. It is so great meeting other people with the same interests and putting faces with the names.

Tell Jiggs Hi for me and you guys come back soon. Have a great X-Mas! Curt

Curt and Muss
Muss did you get my message about not getting over to Goldendale? It was killing me to not make it but I had a little family emergency (nothing serious) and my partner hurt his back on Friday. I was packed and ready then everything caved in. I still want to get over and meet you guys, sounds like you had a fun time. Whirlwind ,send me your e mail again I'd still like to hook up sometime. I've been busy this time of the year and haven't got back to you.
Talk to you all and will for sure be at the next Goldendale event even if it means cutting off my arm to get there. Bruce.......

Hey Bruce, don't sweat it dude. Calling was really crappy. We need to try it again in the near future. If not here, somewhere else.
smile.gif

Take care

Back