I'm feeling the force of the Dark side calling me.

Radd4,
Welcome to the "dark side"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Personal preference has a lot to do with what you'll want for a calling rifle. Close range (inside 200 yards) can be easily handled with a 16" barrel and they make very nice "carry rifles" too....light weight and very manuverable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

If you like a "lay down rifle" for shooting longer ranges a 20" or 24" barrel may be more to your liking.

I have a Rock River Arms A4, but it has went through 3 different types of sights. It now has a Red Dot scope on it and I like that the best, due to the close range hunting that I do, I seldom take a shot past 150 yards.
A4 Varmint scoped
A4 Tactical Sights
A4 Red Dot Sights

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I am feeling it so bad I am digging into rat hole money to try and get this thing done sooner rather than later. I am intrigued by Grunters, and bowhunter57, and TTLS AR's and a few others. I am working closely with LazyD and I have decided that a carry rifle with a 16 barrel is where I am headed. I am on the verge of going with the new DPMS system, chambered in .223, flat top, mounted with a Nikon scope. (Still deciding)Still debating on forearm, and stock ( I like Grunters forearm)I do know that I will have it all duracoated. Think I am asking for too much?

Rus

115_1553.jpg

Quote:
I am feeling it so bad I am digging into rat hole money to try and get this thing done sooner rather than later. I am intrigued by Grunters, and bowhunter57, and TTLS AR's and a few others. I am working closely with LazyD and I have decided that a carry rifle with a 16 barrel is where I am headed. I am on the verge of going with the new DPMS system, chambered in .223, flat top, mounted with a Nikon scope. (Still deciding)Still debating on forearm, and stock ( I like Grunters forearm)I do know that I will have it all duracoated. Think I am asking for too much?

Rus

Noveske 16" barrels are great. Guys are getting a little more FPS's out of them as well. The uppers listed on his site may seem high but thats because they come with expensive handguards and stuff. Getting just a barrel or having one built with a Noveske barrel would be a awesome choice. Accuracy has been good with those as well.
John Noveske
Another good choice is the one from JTAC. He is a local guy and the standard White Oak Armament barrels have always shot great for me but the Kreiger would be a great upgrade. Here is a link to his site. He can build it with whatever you want so if you want to cut cost then remove the high dollar handguard and put a standard free floating on there but dont skimp on the barrel or trigger. The Chip McCormick 2 stage curved is what I have and they are outstanding and a breeze to install. If I can help you at all then let me know. Me and Chris have built a few AR's and have learned what we liked and what was useless on them.
JTAC Supply

Quote:
The dark side I found myself looking at LesBaer Customs on their website and I dont need one or even want one. Why?

I don't understand your post?????????

Rus

Quote:
Quote:
The dark side I found myself looking at LesBaer Customs on their website and I dont need one or even want one. Why?

I don't understand your post?????????

Rus

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Did you check out JTAC? I have some groups somewhere of my 20" WOA from him that I will post.
Okay here is the gun but I cant find the groups. They were just under .5 at 100 if I remember right.
NXS_0176.jpg

Last edited:
Back