Camo for Socal desert - any preferences?

GJJ

For coyote hunting in the Southern California deserts, do you have a preference for the patern of camo is best?

I know minimizing movement is far more important. But, I wanted to get input on what camo to get - mossy oak breakup, woodland military ect...

First off, Welcome to PM!

Prairie Ghost, King's Desert Shadow, Natural Gear and military desert camo are all patterns that look good to me. It depends on the time of year what blends in the best, but Natural gear is a good compromise for year around use.

I found some desert tiger stripe at a shop once, I think it would work well and look badass in the process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I almost always use Natgear in Socal. the new mossy oak is also good, but note the shirt I bought shrunk significantly so get a size larger with the mossy oak. Good luck Tim.

Conk's Faded Sage. Thats what I use in the northern calif desert. Blends in real well cause rather than a "pattern" or a real tree type "picture" it's more blotchy.

t/c223encore.

You just can't go wrong with wranglers and a faded out carhart jacket,or tan colored shirt if it's warmer weather.Good Hunting Chad

Last edited:
Back